When my kids cry for no apparent reason (or if they keep crying long after the statue of limitations for what they started crying for, has run out) I will quite often sing "Don't cry for me Argentina... the truth is I never left you."
So a couple months back we're riding in the car, everyone's happy, kinda each in our own worlds. Gert breaks the silence asking me "Mom, who are George & Tina?"
Me - HUNH???
Gert - Who are George and Tina?
Me - Honey... um... can you tell me where you heard those names?
Gert - You know (starts singing) Don't cry for me George and Tina.....
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
Oh, this is too much. I just know you are writing this down (other than on your blog, of course) to preserve for posterity. And for her rehearsal dinner.
SO GOOD! I will sing this song exactly Gert's way!
Oooo I have a story like this. Riding in the car a couple of years ago leaving from Church.
Invitational song was the King is Exalted forever exalted on High.
Calob in the backseat of the car...
The King is Exhausted forever Exhausted on high.
I was lauhging so hard I had to pull over. I couldn't see for the tears streaming down my cheeks. Priceless.
George and Tina are cracking me up.
George and Tina.
Too. Much.
Just too much.
Now seriously... George and Tina really makes a lot more sense than Argentina anyway!! (I have hated that song since Madonna sang it! Bleh.)
Too funny!!! It's funny how they will put things together from what they hear us say!
hehe that's hilarious. That reminds me of some things I got confused about as a kid. Maybe I should blog about them.
Congrats on your SITS day! Enjoy the comment love!
George and Tina ROFL
I LOVE IT!
what is more funny is I know a couple named George and Tina
I CAN NOT wait to tell them your Story!
:)
Congrats on your SITS day!!
George and Tina...I LOVE it!
Oh I love it.....that was too funny! Now everytime I hear that song I will think of Gert...and George and Tina.
(I see tomorrow is your BIG day!!! Wooo Hooo). I'm drowning in all the comment love right now and I officially pass the torch on to you!!! ;)
LOL. That is to cute.
Enjoy your day.
I was trying to figure out your upper message! lol Thought you had already been featured. And they haven't even posted it yet!! lol But at least now I don't have to worry about commenting since I comment on your anywho!lol
Now what was this blog post about?
George and Tina! That's even better than "Hold me closer Tony Danza".
Congrats on your SITS Day.
Thanks for you comments about my dad and your positive review of the screenplay. Another episode goes up tomorrow.
That is hilarious! The other day my 3-year-old was singing the Macarena (or at least a version of it that is on her "Sesame Street Dance Hits" CD...), but she kept singing "Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy, get the rain off!" :-)
hahaha, thats awesome!!!! I love kids, they say the funniest things.
LOL! That's a great one! Enjoy your SITS day!
Simply put-Hilarious!!
That is soo funny. I love the things kids come up with. Congrats on SITS.
LOL! My daughter just asked what was so funny. Little does she know that she'll be treated to a new song the next time she throws a fit. :-)
Love the story. I'm a high school teacher and I sing the same song to my studnets when they whine (however, most of them don't get it). I think I'll now officially change my lyrics to Gert's interpretation - it's much more amusing!
Best wishes with Mr. B - he sounds like a phenomenal guy!
How funny. I sing, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" too. Another great song for unreasonable crying: "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake. That one gets allot of play in my house.
Oh how cute!
Oh How Funny! Kids are so cute!
Hilarious! LOVE them kiddies! :)
Too funny. I just love how innocent and naive kids can be. So adorable. Congrats on being featured.
Too funny. I just love how innocent naive kids are. So adorable.
Very funny... george and tina. Aren't kids great?
That is TOO FUNNY! I love your girls....well I love you too...thanks for sharing your life with me.
Post a Comment