Sunday, August 24, 2008

And now you know... the rest of the story.

I'm back - in my final installment of "You asked, I blab." I do want to point out that I am working under a bit of a handicap today - the girls and I were at the pool yesterday afternoon and Gert was being bothered by a bee (hornet... wasp... whatever) and as I went to shoo him away from her pop can, my finger ran into his butt. Ouch. A lot Ouch. So my shootin-the-bird finger on my right hand is a little gimpy, so please forgive any spelling incidents...

Okay... ready?

Sassy Stephanie had some other questions besides a good Mr. B one:
Essie, loving school?
Essie says she loves her teacher because he makes funny noises, and she likes seeing her sister in the hall sometimes.

Gert, how is the world of Kindy?
Gert said "I like Kindergarten a lot and it's lots of fun and I like my teacher because she is a nice reader and I like to sit on the blue oval and I only got in the yellow circle one time."

Lizzy, what did you do solely for yourself this week?
This morning when I woke up, I stayed in bed and watched The Notebook. Does that count?

Jesus, how do you keep your curls looking so sassy?
"It's a combination of honey curl creme (which I always end up eating some of) and then I roll around in some twigs which is what gives the curl it's sass."

Caro asked a sort of Mr. B question:
Has Mr. B seen Princess Bride yet? If not, I shall be very put out!
Sadly he has not yet. I won't let him watch it without me and we've had limited time together lately. It's definitely on the priority list!

Trish has an awesome question:
If money wasn't a factor, what kind of vacation would you take? Who would you take?
Oh that's a toughie - there's SO many places I would like to go. I'm gonna go with taking a cruise to Alaska, and then doing some of the really amazing (expensive!) day trips - like specifically Denali National Park. I'd love to have one of the really nice staterooms with the balcony, and of course... I'd take Mr. B :)

Heather wondered about my vocational desires:
If you could pick any career in the world, what would it be? Why?
An architect/builder. (see - that Beaver thing is quite pervasive) I don't have nearly the skill set for architecture (physics not being my strong point) but I would love to design beautiful houses for average people. It's not fair that only "rich" people get to have beautiful homes. I'd love to be able to build houses that would be affordable for "middle America" but wouldn't just be cookie cutters and the same 4 house plans in a development.

Melissa got deep on me!
What is your favorite part about being you? What is your least favorite part about being you?
Hmm... favorite part... I guess my ability to make people laugh, and feel at ease...
Least favorite... Lack of self control... in lots of different areas.

Heather wondered:
How long can you hold your breath?
Let me check.... 38 seconds.

What's on your nightstand this very moment?
A can of warm diet coke, a key to a hotel room, and a stack of books I keep forgetting to read.

Coke or Pepsi?
Ok... if we're talking non-diet, then Pepsi, though on occasion I have a hankering for a real Coke. But if we're talking diet, then Diet Coke.

Have you ever visited another country?
Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica & The Bahamas.

Do you think Matt Lauer is hot?
Yes. I do. I admit it. His butt in a nice worn pair of Levi's?? Mmmmmm...

What was the best birthday present you've ever gotten?
Hmmm... that's a hard one, because I've gotten some wonderful ones over the years from my mom. But I'm going to say the slippers Mr. B got me for my last birthday were the best. Where I worked was FREEZING ALL THE TIME... I worked wrapped up in a blanket and with those half-gloves on... but my feet FROZE all the time. I mentioned it to Mr. B (okay, I probably whined like a great big baby) and for my birthday he bought me these slippers that have inserts that you put in the microwave and they're all toasty and warm. It was so sweet and kind, and part of the reason they were the best is that at that time I'd known Mr. B all of 3 weeks, and he managed to listen better in those 3 weeks than my ex had in 10 years.

Robin got a little silly too!:
If a woodchuck would chuck wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
Well... the woodchuck would realize that he's in WAY over head at turn the job over to someone much more qualified - like... a Beaver!

No, seriously, who would you trade places with for one day or a weekend just to see what it would be like?
Great question. Okay - I'm going to pick George Bush. I would love to spend the day seeing how the White House works and I would like to get a true taste of what being the president is like. I think we all have some pretty twisted notions about what does on, and I would like to have some first hand knowledge.

Tam gave a whole BUNCH!
What is your ALL time Favorite Book or Author?
Oh ugh - that's a hard one too. I love so many authors and books. Still... gonna go with Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

What do you have a passion for? NOT your kids or Mr B...but just for YOU and YOU only!
Jeez... don't give me an easy one!! I have a passion for being creative and for helping people... not sure how those go together!

Cocktails??? LOVE, HATE or just do not drink em?
Love em. I'm a Long Island Ice Tea girl :)

HOW OLD were you when YOU got your very first real boy KISS?
14. It was January 15, 1987.

Do you keep in touch with High School friends or College Friends?
I keep in touch with one girl from High School who was also from college - she just had a baby girl last week. I keep in touch with about 5 people from college... that's about it.

Did you have a High School Sweetheart or a secret crush on somebody in High School?
A crush, yes. His name was Chad. Totally had a thing for him. He's married now to a lady who teaches at the same school as my mom and last time we were at my moms, his daughter babysat my girls.. weird....

Rare or Well Done?
Rare please!!!!!

Angie
gave me even more to ponder!
If money weren't an issue, what would your dream day be like?
Well, a day spent with Mr. B and our kids doing stuff we all wanted to do but I always have to say "we can't afford that" to.


Do you have a favorite flower?
Tulips for SURE!

Do you prefer pretty dresses or jeans and t-shirts?
Dresses... since losing weight and finding Mr. B, I'm finding I really like being feminine....

Well that's the end of the questions! Thanks for playing along with me ladies! That was lots of fun!

22 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Love these.

Tulips are one of my faves too.*pink*

Jesus, I can't believe you spilled the beans. I hope no other bears rip off your signature look.

Heather said...

I love finding out more about my fellow blogger friends. What a great idea for a post! Thanks for sharing your answers!

Caroline said...

Great questions, greater answers HTL! Um, who is Katie? You mentioned her at the beginning of the post. Is she Gert's imaginary friend? Are your children's names pseudonyms? Do you feel as if I'm interrogating you? Can you handle the truth?

Melissa said...

Love you.... love you.... love you.

You are a very innerustin' person. Thanks for piddling at "Paradise" today. You make me laugh out loud.

Didn't mean to get "deep".

You want deep?

How deep will the Hot Tub be?

Answer that one, Lizzy (if that's your real name)! :0 (Who dunnit' music playing in the background~bum bum bum baaaam). Pulling pinky up to lip and raising right eyebrow. Let me know if I'm over the top yet.

"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves and this is how is goes.....(repeat)

Aren't you lucky you are suffering the wrath of my sleep deprivation. Caffiene is wearing off.....snoring will ensue.

wendy said...

What a fun set of blog entries. I truly enjoyed reading them. :) TFS!

Deanna said...

Paul Harvey couldn't have done it better! Ha!

I love tulips too.

Ronda's Rants said...

Loved it...a great idea...so fun!

Wep said...

Mmmm Matt Lauer and a Long Island Ice tea.

WheresMyAngels said...

Jesus curls! LMAO

Anonymous said...

Your 1st kiss was on my birthday.....I won't say how old I was then.....

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.....Yes, I'm actually a year older than you! Geez! Quit twisting my arm! Ouch!

Kori said...

I love finding out about all your quirks and what makes you tick. It's very interesting.

On a side not I was 7 when you had your first kiss. lol

Hope you've had a great weekend.

Melisa S. said...

Honey curl creme? Where can I get some of that??

Lula! said...

You totally need your own talk show! This has been fun--thanks for sharing yourself with us!

Debbie said...

That was soo much fun to read. And I agree with Lula. You need your own talk show. You would be brilliant at it...and yes, you do put everyone to ease...all while being so funny. That is why I love ya!

Jen said...

wow, you got some great questions. and the answers are hilarious.

~Trish~ said...

Oh yes an Alaska cruise would be awesome, I agree!!!

Alison said...

I probably said this on one other other Q&A posts, but I love reading random facts about other bloggers. I feel like I'd already be your friend if we met in person.

Tam said...

Great Great Answers and yes great FUN....I have to catch up on all your q and A as I have been MIA.

Robin said...

Thanks for answering my question. I feel so important!!! ;) That was a fun think to do and share with everybody.

Staci Loalbo said...

your awesome.....i love this...maybe i should do this on my blog....

Angie's Spot said...

I'm a big fan of tulips too!

And I would love to take an Alaskan Cruise. I love looking at the pics from the several cruises that my grandparents took before he passed.