Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meme Tuesday (yeah Meme Monday would sound cooler but I LIKE to be different)

Got this one from Danielle at Captain Porkchops

Rules:
-Pick up the nearest book.
-Turn to page 123.
-Find the 5th sentence.
-Copy down the next three sentences.
-Pass it along.

Okay - nearest book - John Adams by David McCullough

"Something thing, some people, must no be hurried. Time and timing were both of the essence, now more then ever. Reminders of time passing were everywhere about him: the great clock ticking away on the outside wall of the State House; bells at night striking the hour; the "clarions" of a hundred roosters calling across town as he began his day at first light."

Now THAT was exciting wasn't it?


Here's a 50 questions... WOO HOO

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Why do I keep sleeping with my glasses on?

2. How much cash do you have on you? $17.61

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? S'more

4. Favorite planet? Pluto (it is TOO a planet - my grandma's cousin, Clyde Tombaugh, discovered it)

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?My soon-to-be-ex.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Bubbly by Colbie Callait

7. What shirt are you wearing? I'm wearing a dress today, thank you very much.

8. Do you label yourself? Only when I forget to take the little sticker with the size of the clothing item off.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? A2

10. Bright or Dark Room? Darker with nice soft table lamps and candles

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I have no idea who they are.

12. What does your watch look like? It used to be "silver" and "gold" but the "gold" wore off so now it's just "silver" with a scratched rectangle face.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Telling Mr. B goodnight.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "I love you too. And I want to help you feel less stressed out. When we talk @ 1, I want you to tell me what is most stressful right now so we can work on it" (from Mr. B)

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Way way way far away.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? Fudge-buckets

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Mr. B

18. Last furry thing you touched? Cheeky Monkey

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Just some advil this morning.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? 0

21. Favorite age you have been so far? 36

22. Your worst enemy? Salt & Vinegar chips

23. What is your current desktop picture? Nothing

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "I'm not sure how long she will be on the phone, would you like to leave a number where she can reach you?"

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Million bucks

26. Do you like someone? Whole bunches.

27. The last song you listened to? "Feels Like Home" Chantal Kreviazuk

28. What time of day were you born? 9:42 am

29. What’s your favorite number? 5

30. Where did you live in 1987? Hutchinson, MN

31. Are you jealous of anyone? I work with people who pull down $300,000.00 a year... what do you think?

32. Is anyone jealous of you? Of COURSE...

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In San Diego - getting ready for work.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Figure it just wasn't meant to be.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yep

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? On my back

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Cat (That Dog Whisperer Guys making it big...)

38. Would you move for the person you loved? Absolutely

39. Are you touchy feely? Very

40. What’s your life motto? "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be"

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Cell phone, glasses (see #1), diet coke.

42. What’s your favourite town/city? Oh jeesh - that's too hard to narrow down. San Diego is fun to visit.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Diet coke at gas station.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I sent a letter to Mr. B last week.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? Probably... with the right tools and Google.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? He's a VERY successful jeweler.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? I've got one line back to about the late 1400's.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Does wearing a dress to work today count?

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Cramps... ick.

50. Have you been burned by love? Yep... been soothed by it too.

8 comments:

Tam said...

lol I WAS NEVER MUCH OF A HONEY FAN EITHER BUT SERIOUS TUPELO IS GREAT! LOL LOL

NOW on to the plus size thing...lol
LOL I never can find anything that does not either look like something my Grandmother would wear or a Whore. I want a classy Parisian look but for plus size...ya know! Classy Trashy is what I want or that VINTAGE PIN UP look! LOL LOL

Tami said...

Thanks for stopping by :)

I love the answer to 31. And who still gets rolls of film developed??

Kori said...

Don't worry Lizzy I can tell you how to change your oil. Just give me a call. haha

bathing suit shopping sucks by the way. I would rather go to the Nude beach than to be seen in one of those horrindous contraptions they make for the pleasantly plump woman.

Lula! said...

Looooooots to learn about you. FUN! I have no books near me, nor do I have the patience to list 50 things. But I will reiterate:
I LOVE SPACE CAMP!!!! Ha...

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...is John Adams good? I loved the HBO series and keep forgetting to check out the book at the library! Thumbs up or down?

Debbie said...

At first I thought it was a typo...FIFTY questions. Certainly she meant FIVE questions...then I saw the list and said "no way!" But that was fun to read. You need to let Mr. B guest write;)

KimmyJ said...

Like Water for Chocolate:

About three months ago, after tasting a spoonful of soup that Chencha had made and brought to Dr. John Brown's house, Tita had returned to her senses.

After reading your answer to #14, I am officially in love with Mr. B too! But I guess I'll let you keep him since I'm already married.

lynn said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by! This was fun to read. I may have to "steal" it soon. Some days I feel like I have so much stuff I could blog about and other days I'm at a total loss!