I am a temp employee. I've been working at this place since early May. My contract is up on December 31st. I had planned to talk to my boss about their plans for that point, and then started hearing a lot of talk about them hiring to replace a lady in our office who went on disability, and started to get worried.
Friday morning I got an e-mail from my boss "When you're done with your morning work, can you please let me know? I need to talk to you for 5-10 minutes."
Crap. Crap Crap Crappity Crap.
I figured at the very best she was going to tell me that I was going back to 32 hours a week, and at worst that they were hiring someone else and December 31st would be my last day.
I was tempted to REALLY be slow about getting my work done, but why delay the inevitable, you know?
I got done, she got free... I went in and she had this look on her face and I just knew it. She and I have become really good friends and I could tell she was NOT wanting to do this.
"Ok, I just wanted to have a few minutes to talk to you about this before I go to St. Louis next week."
CRAP... CRAAAAAAAAAP
"How would you feel about making this position full time?"
CRAAAA......wait...... HUNH????
"We'd like you to start supporting two of the brokers. It'll be a lot more work. You'll be a Wachovia employee - insurance, 401K, paid sick time & vacation, and we're not sure yet but at least a $2 an hour raise"
Did you hear screaming Friday morning?
That was me.
Saying yes.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

59 comments:
Congradulations! That's wonderful news. I sleep like a log so I didn't hear the scream. Feel free to keep screaming for joy. All the best to you.
Congratulations! Tell me what a Wachovia employee is, and I'll get it. Was the look on her face really as if she did't want to say what she was going to say, or did she just have a bad morning, or did you misread it?
YAY YOU!!!
I definitely know from experience what a relief that full-time permanent position can be :)
Congrats!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to Go! Best Christmas Gift yet! Congrats.
WOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
So, so, SO happy to hear the great news!!
YAY!!!!!
Oh, Lizzy! That is amazing. I am so happy for you!!!! You definitely won this one. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah! I'm a temp too, so I can totally relate. I'm still playing the waiting game of will they or won't they keep me on? They say they will, but I'm still working for the temp agency...
But that is so amazing. You must be thrilled and excited! Yeah!
What an awesome early Christmas present for you and the girls!
A lot less worry for you this holiday season, huh?
That is the best news I have had all day long.
I am so happy for you.
If I were in NC, I would give you a big ole bear hug. As it is, my bloggy support will have to do.
Congrats! And an early Merry Christmas!
OMG that is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you :-)
Congrats 1000 million times. That is so exciting and I have my big ole booty doing the happy dance for YOU! I am so so so glad for YOU this is the season of GOOD THINGS to come for 2009...right?
Congrats...o yeah and let me know about the CD I have...Thanks
Hot Damn and AMEN!
Wonderful news! I did hear some screaming. Glad it was only you.
:-) Congrats.
Congrats! I am sure this will make your Christmas a little more jollier. (Is that a word?)
Love it! Merry Christmas!! God is good.
Congratulations stranger! I'm happy to stumble upon your blog for such an exciting post! In our crap ecomony you are going to be OK! Woo-hoo! Christmas has come early,
Look at everyone getting great news this week! I am soooo very happy for you!
Oh no you di'int just fake me out like that...
You are forgiven. And now I can let loose a big ol'
WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! This is the bestest most awesomest news! I am so so so happy for you :)
That's GRRRRRRRRRREAT! What an awesome early Christmas present. You earned it with all your hard work.
Congrats! That's wonderful!
Wahooooooooooo! That's great news!
Don't cha just love news like this at Christmas!! Congrats!
Thant is AWESOME!
Congratulations
That is fantastic news, Beth!!! Congrats!! What a wonderful Christmas present for you!
Maybe I'm just emotional today, but I actually have tears of happiness for you right now. You deserve some great news with all that you've been through this year.
FANTASTIC AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!
That's wonderful!! I've had a tempt job since mid january! Linklove post on monday!!
well well, look at you!!! Conratulations , I am really happy for you!! Now, where ya goin on this vacation ??? ;) LA
After I left my first comment, I went outside and realised what a Watchovia employee is - I think. I just had to say it out loud. A little bit like this.
That is FAB news news YAY YOU!!!!
YIPPY! I'm sooo proud of you! I hope you went out and celebrated with your girls or man. One question, what part of that story was the losing some part. ;)
Congratulations!!
Good for you! Congratulations :D
Christmas came early this year :)
Oh Lizzy! I just got chills! I'm so happy for you!!!!!
All God's people said...Amen and Thank you Jesus!!!
I am so very happy for you...it couldn't have happened to a nicer girl!
WOOHOO THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Congratulations!
Awesome! I'm soooooooo happy for you, Lizzy!! And since you're in such a good mood-and I know how funny you can be when you are-don't forget Sx3. Please drop by today if you have time!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!! What a wonderful,wonderful Christmas gift!!!
Ohhh, it was you that woke me up Friday morning, it was really early here (3 hour time difference) and I was cranky all day because of it, but now that I know it was for a good reason, I forgive you.
CONGRATS AND HOORAY!!
That is such fantastic news!! Congrats and I'm so happy for you.
And now I'm singing...
"God is sooooooooooo goooooood...God is sooooooooooooooo gooood, God is soooooooooo goooooood, He's so goooooooood tooooooooo meeeeeeeee!"
Yes, I sang this outloud. For you. I am happy. I love you.
Oh Lizzy! That is some hallelujah news!
I couldn't be more thrilled for you!
I did hear you, but I thought it was the fire trucks going by again.
Congratulations!!! This is the best Christmas news I have heard yet.
This is AWESOME, Lizzy!!!! Your Christmas miracle!!!! Yaaay you!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such great news and a raise to boot!
WA-HOOOOO!! Congrats!
Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi from Kat's place!
By the way, I started my banking career as a temp! I answered phones and when I quit 9 months ago, I was an Assistant Vice President!
This is so awesome!!!! Congratulations!! I love it when nice things happen to truly nice people!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Yipppeee!!! Happy Day!!!!
Congrats...that's awesome! I love when things turn out way better than we hoped.
Oh my, what wonderful news!! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations!!
I'm behind in my blog reading...yea for you!! What a blessing! I truly am happy for you...what a bright spot!
Now...about the lottery....
YAHOO YAHOO YAHOOO!!! God is soooooo good and your faithfulness is such a great witness! Congratulations Lizzy!
Congratulations!!! That's awesome! You need some good news every now and then. I'm glad your hard work paid off.
Whooo hooo!!! You deserve this...and it makes me so happy for you...how's that for a great Christmas present??? :)
WOOHOO, congrats!
Post a Comment