Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just When You Think It's Safe To Go Back...

In the Diet Pepsi... it's not.

If you missed it, I dumped my cell phone in a glass of Diet Pepsi on Sunday night. BLONDE!!!!!! I let it dry out over night, and Monday morning it was working fine. WOO HOO!!!!

Today is the official "Welcome Lizzy as a Full Time Wachovia/WellsFargo/Whoever-Owns-Us-Today Employee Day". We're having lunch delivered, and just a little while ago FLOWERS were delivered to me from my boss and all the guys here in the office!!

Well of COURSE I wanted to share that with Mr. B, so I was going to take a picture of the flowers with my phone and send it to him.

Click. White screen.

Click. White screen.

Apparently there was more damage done by the Diet Pepsi than I originally thought!

(Side story - I texted Mr. B and told him all this... we went back and forth a couple times and then got "Um.... may I ask who the flowers were from and why?" Awwww... a little bit jealous!!!)

I called my carriers insurance company, and told them my phone jumped into a glass of pop... she laughed. And they're sending me a new phone. Unfortunately they don't make my phone anymore (which, in March was a "brand new model") so I will be the "proud" owner of a Samsung Hue II. Someday I'll have an iphone or a blackberry or something cool but... for now.. it's a phone and it works. I hope.

In OTHER... well... I wouldn't really call it NEWS or anything... just an interesting thing to have happen.

I've found a website called idotaketwo.com... it's all about second marriages and weddings and blended families and the like. I was on there looking at information about blended families, and saw a link for "1000 questions couples should ask before they get married". Thinking that would be something interesting to look at, I clicked on it. And was taken to an Anti-Israel, Pro-Terrorism website with HORRIFIC pictures on it.

I quickly sent an e-mail to the webmaster of idotaketwo.com and let them know. About an hour later I got a reply thanking me, which I thought was nice.

Get this - a little bit ago I got another e-mail:

Hi Elizabeth -Thank you for bringing that ugly redirect to our attention. I informed the owner of that website and he is grateful for the "heads up".I'd like to send you a small thank you for your time. Can you provide me with your mailing address as well as some information about why you were visiting our website (are you the bride, are you marrying for the second time, are you hosting a renewal, etc?) If I know more about what you're planning I can send you an appropriate gift.Thanks again.

So not necessary - but isn't that cool? That made me smile.

All in all it's a pretty good Wednesday.

American Idol started up again last night. There was some TALENT this time around. And did you catch the sight-impaired guy at the end. WOW - amazing. Bikini girl? NOT so amazing. I hate it when people use vocal runs to cover up the fact that they can't hold a note and keep it on pitch. And it annoys me even further when they start bobbing their heads around with the run. So in short she ANNOYED THE WHING-DANG out of me.

Now, you know what comes next... QUESTIONS!!! (I really have to take my hat off to Kat, cause this question thing REALLY is a fun way to get to know you all a LOT better!!!!)

Do you like to get flowers? What kind of phone do you have? Have you ever been given a reward for something? Did you watch American Idol? If so what did you think of Bikini girl?

38 comments:

Linda said...

I LOVE to get flowers.In fact, Bruce sent flowers to me the day after our first date 7 years ago, and I've gotten them every two weeks since then!! Mind you, he doesn't order "ordinary" bouqets. The flower shop that he uses has mostly exotic flowers, so they always include orchids, bird of paradise, red ginger, etc. To say that I am spoiled is an understatement!
My phone is a Motorola Razr 3. I like it because it is very flat, but I've dropped it on more than one occasion, so it has a small crack in the outside screen. They will fix it if I send it in, but I can't imagine being without it for 2 weeks....Hello Moto
I don't watch Idol until it gets down to the finals. I cannot stand watching all the foolish people!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool that they got you lunch and flowers....very nice.

And very nice they are sending you a new phone..

That was weird about the website....but very cool they want to send you a gift to thank you!

Glad things seem to be going well for you right now! :)

Unknown said...

Do you like to get flowers? Yes, very much so. Daisy is my favorite.

What kind of phone do you have? HTC touch similar to the Iphone

Have you ever been given a reward for something? Probably but can't think about what just now

Did you watch American Idol? If so what did you think of Bikini girl? I finall got to watch american idol after hubby fixed the cable. Bikini girls head is filled with air, it bobbles more than her boobs did when she jumped at the end, and the runs were annoying. The only thing more annoying than her is SHANNON on bachelor.

CaraBee said...

I just wrote out a long comment and Blogger ate it. Boo hiss. Here's the short version: What a great company you're working for! I love flowers. Hubby sends me them a couple of times a year and I love it. I have a Sony Walkman Slider phone. It's awright. I really wanted the IPhone, though, so anything else would have been second best. Finally, I can't stand AI, especially the beginning when people are embarrassing themselves and the judges are so mean. It just feels wrong.

Tam said...

I heart flowers!

My cellphone is pink but what kind I have no idea...HMMM it takes pictures...I think it use to be called a razor or something like that.

NOPE don't watch American Idol.

I have to say NOPE on the rewards for doing something nice...not me.

OOOO Wonder what you will be getting? that is way cool!

Nonnas News said...

Wow! today must be your day!! Flowers, lunch, new cell phone and a reward!!cant get much better than that on a Wednesday!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Questions are so fun! And ummm...do you think that your phone tried to drown itself because it was missing the Mtn Dew?

I like flowers. And getting them for no reason. But that never happens. I tend to buy my own.

I have no idea what kind of phone I have. How sad is that. And I have never sent a text. I am so out of touch.

We did watch Idol. And bikini girl was horrid. I can't believe they put her through. And she wasn't that pretty.

But...what was up with the 80's poof on the head? Bikini girl had one. And so did Stevie!

Robin said...

Wow. You must work with some great folks for them to welome you like that, even though you've been working there. =)
I do like to get flowers b/c it's so out of the ordinary. It's usually a great surprise for it to happen for me.
I have an iPhone, just of late. My husband got it for me for finishing my Ed.S and my birthday. I do love, but believe me, I am scared to death of doing something to it!
I did watch A.I. last night. Bikini Girl wasn't all that, but Kara really went off about her. Jealous, much?

Ronda's Rants said...

I Love to get flowers but don't get them very often... as in "never!"
I had asked my Hubby to pick up the flowers for My future daughter in law and son's engagement party and when he walked up to pay for them...the woman said..."Oh Flowers for your wife!" and he had to say no...and then we he came in holding the flowers and was walking towards me...I said "There's something I don't ever see! ( I can be so hateful sometimes) he looked ashamed and said he was sorry...So I thought...well I'll get flowers!
Uh No! That's was over a month and No flowers! I think I will send me some...and see what develops!!!

Alison said...

Flowers are lovely but I don't want Justin to get them too often because I'd rather spend the money on a nice evening out. Yesterday he brought me a single rose and a card out of the blue. Isn't he sweet?

My phone is the pink Razr. I should be getting a new one soon since I've had this one for a couple of years.

I watched Idol last night and completely agree with you about Bikini Girl.

Simply AnonyMom said...

sounds like you work for an awesome company. COmgrats. I am happy you are getting a new phone too. Sounds fun.

That is way cool of the site to send a token. I would take it, but I love gifts and rarely get them. Hubby does not do holidays, so any "gift" I recieve is bought by me and wrapped by me.

Do you like to get flowers? YES! But I have never gotten any from hubby (we are married 5 1/2 yrs) and only got them when I had babies from his company, so it has been 3 1/2 yrs.
What kind of phone do you have? I do not have a cell phone :}
Have you ever been given a reward for something? No I have not.
Did you watch American Idol? I do not watch Idol (never have watched a whole season, but have seen a few episodes)

Lynda said...

I love, love, love flowers - congrats!

Becky said...

I think between the new phone and the offer of bridal gifts you need to go buy yourself a lotto ticket! Your luck is HOT today!

My phone is barely considered a cell phone. It functions. My teenager's on the other hand takes pictures, texts, and plays "Hips Don't Lie" for the ring tone. HA~!

Love to get flowers..what girl doesn't. Haven't gotten them in like 5 years:(

Sounds like life is treatin you pretty good these days!

Sissy said...

I love to get flowers. Yup. Don't care that they cost so much.

And bikini girl was a skank. Yup. And kissing Ryan. Uh,huh. Her momma shoulda taught her better.

Melissa said...

Alright, this is just me being paranoid, but don't send him your address. What if he is some terrorist? Just sayin'....
I take all the fun out of stuff, huh? Sorry, just got your back.

I don't really like to get flowers, but it has more to do with the fact that I don't take good care of them. They die really fast in my hands.

I don't have a phone at the present. I stay at home most days, and if I go out I take my hubby's phone.

I was once named Crew Trainer at McDonald's. That was "quite" an honor.

I used to watch AI, but I have gotten bogged down with The Bachelor, 24, Scrubs, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and The Office.....That's just too much TV for one person. I really need to stop....

I'm sure Bikini girl was ridiculous. I hate it when they try to dress up to be remembered and all you want to do is forget them....

Amy said...

Yes, I Watch Idol and I can't stand Bikini girl, she needs to go. Soon!

I need to visit that site about blended familes/second marriages. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure not to click any links.

Michelle said...

I am allergic to fresh flowers. Can't have them in my house. Bummer.

I have a LG phone. Pretty basic. I can take pictures but not video. I can't transfer my pictures to my computer, that sucks.

I love American Idol. It will be on in 20 minutes then I will be glued to the TV for 2 hours. Loved the vision impaired guy and as far as Bikini girl goes - she is goin' down. She better watch out for Paula and Kara in Hollywood.

Swirl Girl said...

First of all - congrats on your official first day of full -time permanant (I hope) employ.

I love getting flowers. I am an orchid freak and the best gift I ever got was a 6 month subsciption to Orchid of the Month where I got an...orchid a month for 6 months (duh).

I waited patiently for Idol, then lost patience immediately. I will wait to watch anymore until Hollywood week because I think this audition stuff is a waste of time and I don't like that they spend 10 minutes on cruddy people and like 30 seconds on someone who can actually sing.

and finally , bikini girl is all about boosting the ratings...but she did have a smokin' hot tiny tush.

Jen said...

Flowers are awesome, love to get them but don't very often.
Bikini girl sucked and she only got through b/c of the bikini. I hope this is the last that we see of her.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! You said "pop".

I would rather have flowers to plant rather than a flower arrangement. Yes, I know I'm weird. I would also love someone to plant an entire garden for me so all I would have to do is wander around and water it.

Shannon said...

My phone is black. And it's an LG. That's all I know about it. I don't know what kind I want next, just as long as it has a keyboard. I've just begun texting a few months ago and it's a pain having to use the keypad.

I like getting flowers... can't remember the last time Shane sent me any.

I wathced Biggest Loser last night... recorded Idol on the DVR but haven't had a chance to watch it yet!

Finding Normal said...

Love the questions!
I have no clue what my phone is. An LG maybe? It's probably 2 now. Maybe I could get a newer one? I have never once texted and it takes me approximately 17 minutes to figure out how to take a picture.
I do like getting flowers, and my husband is very good at sending them for no reason. Or was. He hasn't lately. :)
Not into the Idol.

Finding Normal said...

Love the questions!
I have no clue what my phone is. An LG maybe? It's probably 2 now. Maybe I could get a newer one? I have never once texted and it takes me approximately 17 minutes to figure out how to take a picture.
I do like getting flowers, and my husband is very good at sending them for no reason. Or was. He hasn't lately. :)
Not into the Idol.

Finding Normal said...

Trigger finger. Whoopsies.

Melissa B. said...

Sounds like the gig is off to a great start! That's such wonderful news, ESPECIALLY since you're pal-ing around with Bennie and all...

WheresMyAngels said...

I have a Samsung Blackjack II. I dropped my Blackjack I in the washing machine and dryed it out and it did great. I had only had it a month. It is still working but I gave it to a friend.

I don't like flowers unless they are in a pot with soil. If you spend money of me, i want something that last (unless it is chocolate, then that is okay).

Susie said...

Tramp in the bikini annoyed me too!! Whatever!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE flowers! Sidnei was soo good about that!! I actually just got a new phone...all I know is its an LG, but I went from a blackberry--i didnt think it was all that. I do not think I have ever gotten a reward...I didnt watch AI..I rarely ever do but im sure she would have annoyed the crap outta me!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

You're not going to believe this, but I did the EXACT same thing. Dropped my cell phone in DIET PEPSI. LOL! It was my first cell phone ever. It did not survive either.
I love to get flowers. My phone is a Motorola, similiar to a Razr but slightly smaller or something. It's a dark purple which was the selling point for me. I love it. I've been given lots of rewards actually, and I think people should be rewarded more often. I didn't watch AI, I was working, but my hubby did and thought bikini girl was quite interesting. lol

Deanna said...

I am not a flower girl. I guess I am too practical. I love flowers and have loved it when my hubs has put a single flower on my pillow, but I get annoyed if he spends a lot of money sending me a big bouquet. There are just too many things I could spend that money on!

I have a Blackberry and I LOVE, LOVE it!

Staci Loalbo said...

flowers?? hmmmm i wish my boss would send me flowers....but then again i am my boss....and so that would be a lil weird no?? btw jay is going back to work at wachovia, or wells or whatever the hell it is.....

Lula! said...

You deserve all this goodness...the job, Mr. B, the free stuff from websites indebted to you for sussing out terrorists, and such.

I love flowers...hot pink roses are what I usually get on my anniversary. But my faves are peonies...I grow 'em (hot pink, of course!) and look forward to putting big ol' blossoms around my house in the late spring. Ahhhhhhhhhh...

Yes, I get rewards all the time. Mental trophies for enduring shadoobie and vomit and such.

I LOVE MICHAEL BUBLE!

What else did you ask? Oh, American Schmidol.
No freakin' way. I gave up on those phonies back when that awful Hicks wanna be was declared the winner. UGH. The last great thing to come out of that show is Chris Daughtry. Amen.

Tam said...

Happy Thursday...Yes i just stalked over to say that!

Britt said...

Oh Lizzy, congratulations on today! =-)

You know, I never really got the whole flowers thing. But I love getting them from Kel. Because he enjoys buying them so much. The first day he worked this horrible night shift business, he stopped on his way home to buy me a big fat rose. Then he left it on the counter for me to find in the morning.

I'm not watching A.I this year .. Paula has fried my last nerve. Plus, we never did hook our tv back up, and it's just not worth it. =-)

Ashley said...

What an awesome job already! Do you have any more openings in your department? Haha!

1- I like getting flowers but rarely do. Someone should speak to the husband about that. ;|

2 - I have a Blackberry but before you get jealous of it you should know that my lovely little puppy decided to use it as a chew toy one day. So now there are teeth marks all over the case and I'm too cheap to buy the replacement cover. One day I will. Ha!

3 - Sure

4 - Yes

5 - Oh, my! Bikini girl! Well... you'd have to sensor the word that I would choose for her. ;) I can't wait to see what Paula and Kara have to say about her in Hollywood. Do you think she'll show up in another bikini? Haha!

Aubrey said...

I love me some flowers BUT hate hubby spending the money on them. LOL

I have decided to skip out on this season of AI. My DVR is filled to the rim with too much other crap. But I've heard about bikini girl and think I should at least watch auditions!

wendy said...

Do you like to get flowers? yes, but i prefer PLANTS because they last longer.
What kind of phone do you have? Um...good question. A Nokia something cute that flips, but I do want an iphone or blackberry so getting online is easier! ;)
Have you ever been given a reward for something? I suppose
Did you watch American Idol? If so what did you think of Bikini girl? Watching The Biggest Loser instead of Idol this year.

Heather said...

I do like to get flowers, though the last time I remember getting them was for my 30th birthday, and both of those arrangements were from siblings, not Hubby. He's just not a flowers kinda guy, *sniff sniff* - though he was back when we were just dating. Hmmmm....

I have a Motorola Razr that is a couple of years old. Hubby has a blackberry ("for work") and I'm chartreuse with envy about it. I dropped mega-hints before my bday and Xmas but clearly not mega-enough, as I still have my (admittedly fully functioning) Razr.

I do watch AI - I'm even in a "pick the winners" pool each year. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed. I didn't think Bikini Girl was all that and I'm betting she gets ousted in Hollywood week. I was happy to see Jason Castro again, as I looooved him last season. I think I really like the new judge and somehow Paula seems more sane when she's there (though Paula generally seems more coherent in auditions than during the show itself).

I can't think of any rewards I've been given off the top of my head, which either means I never have gotten one, I'm too tired to think of one that I may've gotten, or both. Nighty night!