Friday, October 17, 2008

R Days


My dad invented the celebration of "R" days. He determined there are 3 days of the week that have the letter "R" in them... Thursday, Friday & Saturday. And he also determined they are the best days of the week. Thursday, becuase it's so close to Friday. Friday, because the weekend is close at hand. Saturday because... well DUH... it's the weekend. So my dad will quite often call me up and wish me a happy "R" day.

SO, on THIS "R" day, I'm going to wish you all a Happy "R" Day and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Tonight The Ladies and I are going to go to Sonic for supper (and see if they have Egg Nog milkshakes yet) and then head over to the mall to hang out, cause that's what girls do on a Friday night. Tomorrow I take them to their dads, and then I'm heading to see Mr. B, whith a stop to see Madame Kat on the way. Sunday I'll come back home and clean and then Monday night get The Ladies back from their dad...

It might go without saying, but I can't WAIT to see Mr. B.....

(eta - before you get yourselves in a tizzy, that pic is of my DAD... NOT Mr. B)

31 comments:

Amy said...

Somebody is getting some lovin' this weekend! Woohoo! :D

Kori said...

So I so need to drive to Atlanta and meet up with you and Kat. I mean how much fun would that be? I am such a thinker. Have a great weekend! Which I know you will. Duh

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Love me some Sonic. Our has been closed for almost a month due to "repairs." And I keep forgetting and going over to try and get a Diet Coke. But alas, there is no one there to serve me.

See ya tomorrow!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Sonci rocks! Happy R day to you to! Don't do anything this weekend I wouldn't do. LOL --- Girl go have you some fun.

Much Love
Anissa

wendy said...

Mmmmm...Sonic Lemon Berry Slush!!! Ooh - sorry...just drooled on my keyboard. ;)

Have fun this weekend!

Tracy P. said...

Aw, shucks! I was thinking Mr. B. was mighty cute! I suppose he probably is, but I'll just have to trust you for that!

Frizzy said...

I love Sonic but oh so sinful it is. I love their breakfast burritos with extra crispy bacon. Not more bacon just crunchy. Have a snuggly weekend with the man. I hope the girls have a blast with their dad.

sassy stephanie said...

R days...how fun. Have a GREAT weekend!

Susie said...

Happy R Day to you too. Have a great weekend:-)

Gina said...

UGH. I. Detest. The. Mall.

Unless there is a Borders or Barnes and Nobles- My whole family tends to get so engrossed that they have to kick us out.

I'm So jellyfish that you and Kat are hanging out together....

Nik said...

I'm pretty sure you're going to have a GREAT time!!

I *LOVE* R days ;>

Anonymous said...

Happy "R" Day to you too...have fun with Mr. B.!!!!

Wep said...

Happy R day :)

Saving The Day said...

Happy R Day, Betchie! Have fun this weekend and let me know if/when you & Mr B will be coming down this way! We'll have to get together, ya' know!

Jen said...

Happy R day. Enjoy it with gusto!

Alison said...

I love the idea of celebrating "R" days. And Sonic is a good place to celebrate.

Lula! said...

Quit hanging with Kat while I'm not around to be doing a Georgian drive-by. GIRL! I am jealous!

Happy R Day. Loving that...R day!

Mama Wheaton said...

Happy R Day! Enjoy your weekend, because those other unmentioned days come around again mighty fast.

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, during my SITS day, on Thursday :-)

We only have ONE Sonic in our area and it's way over the other side of town !!

But, if they have Egg Nog milkshakes, it might be worth the trek. Time to make egg nog icecream again, methinks...

Have a wonderful weekend with Mr B. (I have to crack up everytime I see any reference to Mr B. We have a teacher at school who everyone calls Mr B...pretty sure he's not your one though. :-) .. )

Melisa S. said...

Have a great weekend!

Tam said...

OOO I hope your weekend is great and HAPPY R DAY RIGHT BACK AT YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy R day to you too!!! I hope you are having a GREAT weekend!!!

Heather said...

I hope you and Mr. B are enjoying your "R" day!!

WheresMyAngels said...

For some reason, I think your father is related to George from Seinfeld's father. He was always thinking up stuff like this! lol

Finding Normal said...

I love an R day! Great idea!
Would you believe me if I told you I've NEVER BEEN TO SONIC!?!?! I know, it's unAmerican. A total injustice. A travesty of the worst sort.

Melissa B. said...

Happy "R" Day to you, too! Busy preparing my questions, and will shoot them to you shortly. BTW, it's time for our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes! Gotta good one for ya, so please come on over!

Anna Lefler said...

Happy R Day (yesterday)! Thanks for stopping by on blogathon day - love your blog!

Have a great day...

:^) Anna

Dawn said...

Happy R day to you too!! Even though it's not actually an R day when I'm reading this! Your dad is sweet!! Hope you & the girls had fun at Sonic & the mall! Did they have Eggnog milkshakes yet? And do tell how the visit with Mr B was!!!

Aubrey said...

I had me some wonderful "R" days! Hope you did too! *giggle*

Swirl Girl said...

today is clearly not R day.

I have heard of hump day - but now I can celebrate R day too!

PS- your dad is a cutie pie! Does he want to meet my mom in Florida for early bird sometime?

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Your Dad sounds like a fun guy (as opposed to a fungi..ha ha that was terrible...)
Hope you had a fun time with Mr B *wink wink*!