Monday, September 29, 2008

I got to meet Kaaaaat, I got to see Mr. B.......

Yeah - yesterday was a GREAT day!!!!

I headed out towards Atlanta, the land with possibly less gas than where I live. (Kat even called and warned me Saturday - isn't she sweet that way???) But I had a full tank and just decided at any place I found gas, I would top off the tank.. yeah, at one point I spent 1.76...

As I approached the greater Atlanta area, two things dawned on me. #1 - I had forgotten the directions to the Applebee's where Kat & I were meeting, and #2 - I had to potty BAD.

I called Mr. B and told him that I needed directions and he was very helpful telling me how to get there... so I hung up with him and kept driving... willing my bladder to just wait till we got to Applebee's... I knew I needed to get to Hwy 78 and make a right and then I would see it. Hold on bladder, you can make it!! Just wait for Applebee's.

At that VERY MOMENT, an Applebee's appears out of NO where on my right. And I knew it couldn't be the right one - but my bladder wasn't going to be fussy... it saw Applebee's and it wanted to... do it's thing. So I called Kat who laughed at me and said no that WASN'T the right Applebee's but she could get to me and just go ahead a pee. That made Kat my new best friend!!!

We had a GREAT time at lunch, laughing and learning all about each other! For a Liberal she's a fun gal!! HA HA HA HA

We headed over to her house and I met her wonderful family and we gabbed more and realized that my oldest daughter and her youngest daughter are the SAME person and I know I felt SO much better knowing there was someone out there in the world who could commiserate with me!!!

So after TOTALLY wearing out my welcome at Kat's, I headed over to see Mr. B. I'm not going to give full details, but it was a VERY nice time and as usual, I'm more in love with him now that I was yesterday at this time. He is SO thoughtful and wonderful and sweet and handsome and sexy and funny and... yeah... I'm whipped.

So yesterday was a GREAT day.

Today... not so much (see previous post)

In honor of Kat, I will end with...

What's something little your significant other does that shows they know YOU well? What do they do that makes you want to say "Do you even KNOW me????"
And
How tall are you?

27 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day!
I'm glad you had a fun visit and got to see the "infamous" Mr B.

Laurie said...

Glad you had a fun day, especially with the job worries and no gas. Yikes!

In answer to your (very hard! but thought provoking) questions, one thing my dear one does that shows he knows me well is look at me when he walks by me with a laundry basket because he knows I hate it when he does the laundry. He always mucks it up.

I can't think of anything he does that makes me wonder if he knows me. After 18 years together I think he knows me better than I know myself.

Easy question: I'm 5'4".

M-A said...

sounds wonderful

sorry about your work woes :(

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I had so much fun, too. And you surely did not wear out your welcome. Over dinner all the girls could talk about was how to convince you to move into our neighborhood! Oh, the trouble we could get into!

I'm 5'6 - but I think I might be closer to 5'5. Shrinking this young is just wrong!

I know my husband knows me well when he starts talking to me about good picture taking opportunities. And when I begin to wonder about him is when he asks me if I want to try his spicy food. Because he should know what a whimp I really am...

Simply AnonyMom said...

I am 5'4"

The thing he does that shows he knows me is he always gives me the guacamole and otmatoes instead of asking for it with none since I like them so much.

The thing he does that makes me go WTF! is he has no clue to anything about me. He does not know my sizes, he does not know what colors I like. And he always tells me I am dressed "wrong" and tries to dress me in someone I am not.

KWolfAK said...

5'10". Hubby packs my lunch for work with all my favorites! But he always picks an action flick when we go out to dinner and a movie...I prefer romantic comedies.

Lula! said...

5'5". But in my dreams I'm 5'11".

Glad you and Kat had fun...where's the pictures??? She's been meeting a lot of bloggy pals as of late. I'm jealous!

What were the other questions? OK...our running joke is that Scott and I share a brain. We do. It's not even scary anymore...after 10 years it's just expected. The only time I question him is when he asks, "Are you hungry?" Um...duh...when am I not?!?

Ronda's Rants said...

I am 5'2"...Bonnie Hunt is 5'8"...I know you didn't ask but there you have it!
My Hubby brings, after making regular coffee(not fancy stuff like Candid Carrie drinks) me a cup of coffee every morning!! That show he knows me and loves me!
My hubby will try to give me directions using words like North, South, East and West and I stare at him! He should know after 32 years ...I haven't a clue about what those are!
I am glad you had a nice time...and some of us Liberals are nice people!

Wep said...

Calling me on being cranky, and telling me to get over myself.

Umm..how does he NOT know me. Easy. That would be when he leaves dirty dishes in the sink. DUH!

:)

Oh and 5 feet 6 and 3/4 inches :P

Anonymous said...

I am 5'4".....

So glad you and Kat had a good time....and that you made it to the bathroom w/o peeing in your car....and that you got to see Mr. B....sounds like a great weekend for you!!!! ;)

Robin said...

Hope work goes well. It's scary right now.
I'm 5'3", but like to say that I'm 5'4". I'm soooo short!
My hubby knows me well in what I'll get upset about and what I will let slide.
I feel he doesn't know me when he changes the channel to sports and then leaves to room to go to the bathroom knowing he will be gone for more than 5 minutes. Does he really think I want to watch ESPN for him?

Heather said...

I'm 5'7".

Joe buys me gift cards to Hobby Lobby and Archivers, my two favorite places in the world.

But his dirty clothes never make it to the hamper, despite knowing that it drives me crazy!

So glad you had so much fun. Bloggy friends are great!

Candid Carrie said...

My name is Carrie and at one time I was 5'4" tall.

I have since gained weight and in order to be better balance I also needed to gain about eight inches in height, too.

Therefore, I am now 6'2" tall and I may need to up that a little bit more if I don't back off the M&Ms.

David knows me well because of the entire French Press Coffee in bed thing. And the thing that shows he doesn't know me well is over the weekend he did absolutely nothing to try to find where the mice are getting in the house. Yup, he said the cats will take care of the mice.

I'll pretend I don't know him and there will be no "counting the money" until this is remedied.

The end.

Susie said...

My husband asks me what's wrong even after I said nothing the first time.

And I can't think of anything he does that makes me think he doesn't know me.

And, I am 5 foot 3 inches tall:-)

Alison said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

I'm 5'2". My husband knows me because he offers to get me some chocolate whenever I'm grumpy. All the things that make me say, "Do you even know me?" are things he does that bug me, like tickle my arm while he's driving. And sure enough, he knows it annoys me and that's why he does it.

He knows me, he's just not always smart enough not to irritate me!

Jen said...

I am so glad that you had a great day inspite of the job situation. On that end, I hope it all works out for you.
Your Applebees story is cracking me up. LOL! I am glad you made it to the potty in time.

Dawn said...

I'm 5'9 and my husband makes me want to say do you even KNOW me when he changes the channel when i'm watching tv (DVR/TIVO is to blame for this awful phenomenon.
He does lots of things that show he knows me well like cooking my favorite breakfast and helping me when something breaks or goes wrong. He's my Mr. Wizard!

Dawn said...

And yay for meeting Kat! And for getting to see Mr. B!!

Anonymous said...

I'm 5'2" and right now I can't think of a single thing that hubby doesn't do right...he saved me today..came home in the middle of the day and whisked me away to the doctor who gave me some good drugs that made the migraine go away...

sassy stephanie said...

5'3" bay-bee, although, I feel like I'm already shrinking. My pants are getting shorter by the minute. But, I guess it could be because I am filling them out (WIDER load).

My Sweetie totally lets me sleep on Sat mornings. LUV it. and always puts the toilet seat down.

Aubrey said...

Yay for a great weekend & Mr. B visit! And yay for LOVE!

I'm 5'4. I've already been passed up by my teen. *sob*

As far as your other questions, I'm having a hard time coming up with answers. Is that a bad sign? 16 years and counting.

Debbie said...

I am so envious that the two of you got together. It sounds like you had a great time and the picture of the two of you on Kat's blog is adorable.

BTW...I am 5'2 1/2"

Dont you remember I just did that post???? ;)

Kathi Roach said...

Sounds like an AWESOME weekend!! I'll have to head over to Kat's to hear her version. Yea...for you and Mr.B!

I'm 5'2". My hubby does so many things that shows he knows me so well....after all we've practically grown up together. We are 41 and we started dating when we were 15!!!

Once & awhile he does something that makes me think...what????? But, over all he's a great guy. I am so thankful I have him.

Trish said...

Yay for Kat and Lizzy occupying a booth at Applebees for 3 hours!!

That picture (over at Kat's) is great!

Did I ever tell you that about a month ago we thought we were on the fast track to move to the Raleigh/Durham area?
Would we have been neighbors? Cuz in my head I had us meetin up and hangin out and becoming Bff's.
Well, that door slammed shut and now I just get to read about you meetin up and hangin out with other bloggers. hmmmpppfff

Yay for a great time with Mr. B!!
I'm glad he makes you happy.

okay, my husband knows me well: when i come home to freshly mopped floors....a task I hate to do!!
He did it tonight while I was visiting a friend in the hospital.

my height 5'6.5"

How tall are you? You look much taller than I imagined.

Okay, now I sound like a stalker, so i'll just quit typing now........

Melissa B. said...

Hot Tub Lizzy is on the air again! Please drop by to see how The Interview turned out. Thanks so much for everything, especially in the face of yesterday's events.

Tam said...

Glad YOU had a GREAT time! NOW COME TO SAVANNAH! LOL

Rhea said...

I'm 5ft, 3inches.

My hubby does nothing to show me he knows me well...except push my buttons. Our relationship is a mess these days. :o(

And, he seems clueless about me lately. :o(