Jon & Kate - wow... did you watch that Monday night? WOW... the ac still isn't working right in my apartment but when they were on screen together it DID seem to get quite a bit cooler in here! One thing I noticed - and I just see these things and they probably mean nothing. But when Jon was sitting on the "interviewing... couch" he was way over to the side, with his arm across the back, like there was a spot there for Kate, all she had to do is sit down. When Kate was on the couch, she was in the middle... no room for Jon. I found that interesting. And the whole thing is just sad.
I'm sorry I didn't blog the final AI... I think I went through a 3 day depression last week. I just was in a funk and honestly couldn't get excited about drawing people... but I did love the finale..... Adam sang my all time favorite song... WITHOUT squealing so major points for that. But you know I was happy Kris won. But gosh, both he and Adam are such NICE guys. Now... to get on my Christian soap box for a minute - if Kris Allen isn't what being "in the world but not of it" is all about, I don't know who is. He showed what I think Christians should be - loving... caring... encouraging... and leave the judging up to God (no... not you Simon... the REAL God)... ok.. nuff of that.
Oh WAIT - let's take a moment and talk corporate stupidity. I have 2 examples and they sort of are at cross purposes but just hear me out... It's my blog and I can cross-purpose if I want to.
#1 - I work for WFA which used to be WS and before that was . When we were Ads, people on the 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. year anniversary were given a catalog of things that they could chose from as their appreciation for dedication and loyalty gift. Obviously each catalog the stuff was bigger and better. Well.. because of all the brouhaha with executive bonuses and all that crap, they've done away with that now. So my sweet boss Donna, who really runs the show in our office, for 20 years of service got a laser jet printed piece of paper that says "Thank you for 20 years".... humph.
#2 - We have a client who after a little glitch in the system was left with one penny in his account after he transferred the rest to a new IRA. So, I send an e-mail to corporate office asking out to get it written of. I am told... I CAN'T. I have to SEND HIM A CHECK FOR .01. Get that? SEND him... SEND... put 44 cents postage on a envelope to send a check for ONE PENNY. Because, we "can't write it off." Wanna know what's going to happen? He's going to GET the stupid check and will have NO INTENTION of taking it to the bank... so he'll most likely throw it out, and in 6 months, that check number is going to pop up on a report of uncashed checks, and then some one's going to sort that report and everything under $5 is gonna be written off. So WHY CAN'T WE JUST DO THAT NOW AND SAVE OURSELVES THE EMBARRASSMENT???? Oh... thank you Enron and all you other corporate fudnoggers who have made congress crack down on silly arse stuff.
Ok... back to pop culture. Are you watching the Bachelorette? There's too many guys to be interesting at this point, but I am watching. Also watching So You Think You Can Dance... MAN that's some good entertainment.
Mel Gibson - yeah... really dude?? Can you BE more classless?
So... I haven't asked a question in a while - what pop culture stuff catches your eye? Or do you just pass it all by? WHat's on your mind today?
Oh - ps - if you haven't checked out this website - you MUST - Cakewrecks.com
Ok.... my bed is calling. Actually it's kinda muffled by all the laundry on top of it that needs to be folded.
I hate laundry.
But I love these two:

25 comments:
That picture of your girls is so cute! Thet are looking alot alike in this picuture;-)
Hey girl! Missed you! I was totally shocked that Adam didn't win but glad at the same time. I think they will both do well though so no worries.
Pop culture...hmmm...well, I sometimes get disappointed when I go get my nails done and I don't have to wait cuz that's the only time I get to read the gossip rags. I'm too embarrassed to buy them for myself -- I know, sad.
First things first--that is a darling picture of your girls!
Now. I completely agree with you about Kris. He is a credit to the Lord and to his family. Both finalists were such nice guys--you could tell they are friends and Adam genuinely seemed happy for Kris. I hope both of them (and Danny!) go far.
I just can't watch the Bachelorette. For a couple of years they sucked me in and it NEVER works out (except for the first girl Trista, but that's the exception that proves the rule.)
Poor Donna. That sucks. Throw her a happy hour at least, stupid corporate company.
Gert really resembles you in that pic.
The Adam/Kris shocker was.....well....shocking, but I love Kris as well. I just think Adam was a better entertainer. I would buy a Kris album before and Adam album any day of the week.
I used to work for the beloved WFB and let me tell you how many times I tried to rack my brain as to why we would waste all that money cutting checks for a stinking penny??? Makes no sense. I guess it's what keeps the envelope lickers employed.
Mel? All I'm gonna say, it "Careful a man thinks he stands, lest he fall."
Jon and Kate? I'm just praying and I wish I could like call her and talk to her as one sister in Christ to another. It's just so sad.
I cannot imagine what Mike Tyson and his family are going through. That poor son!
I will exit... with a song.....
♫ You're beautiful.....you're beautiful.....you're beautiful....it's true....♫
(You and the ladies:))
Hope you have a happy day!
Can we just talk about how your blog is what keeps me current? Without you, I wouldn't know what was going on in the world. Thanks for keeping me "with it" ;)
Hope you have a lovely day with your lovely girls!
I love this whole post!
J&K+8 = SAD.
(I don't watch IDol)
and the penny thing?? are you kidding me???
So glad you're coming out of your funk! I was worried about you. And apparently I just pass up all the pop culture stuff because the entire post I was thinking, "What? Huh?". The only one I knew something about was Jon & Kate b/c their faces are splattered on every magazine in the check out lines.
I used to love Mel Gibson. I always thought he was such a cool guy, not to mention pretty darn good looking. I loved that he'd been married forever and they had a truckload of kids. But after his tirade, which was pretty crass, and now leaving his wife for that Russian hussy and getting her pregnant. Mel Gibson = FAIL.
the whole Jon and Kate thing just makes me shake my head. They need to stop the show and save their marriage. Money and fame are not important.
Such cute girlies you have.
I only know anything about pop culture from reading your and Lula's blogs.
Only know about Jon and Kate from the tabloids. Haven't seen the show in a while. It is sad...
Your girls look beautiful in that photo.
The end.
I have to say I've only watched a few Jon and Kate episodes over the years. Seeing they're in trouble makes me sad and question if the media has caused this because of their constantly being watched. Sad for any family to break up but really sad if it could have been avoided.
I love So you think you can dance! It's amazing to see such talented young people.
Glad you're feeling better. Missed you!
Pop Culture? My heart is breaking for the Goslin children. I think the family should be left alone to heal. Do they really need to be followed by cameras and on TV right now?
Mel Gibson, what a let down.
Not watching reality tv right now. Cannot tear me away from AI but now that it is over and I am happy with results there is nothing to watch. Did not vote this year. I really was in a quandry who I wanted to win. Both were exceptional. Secretely, I think I am happy it was Kris.
Love the picture of Essie and Gert. They are absolutely beautiful.
Me? You can guess that one. Culturally clueless. But when I volunteered in Bethany's class and they were making up math problems about how many kids wanted Kris and how many wanted Adam and Bethany didn't know Kris from...well, Adam, it occurred to me that we might need to watch a little of it next year so not everyone realizes just how clueless SHE is. Sigh.
But I did watch their final performances myself online. Does that count?
Oh man John and Kate was kind of depressing. My husband was like "Why are you watching this!"
I can't believe you didn't blog about AI. And I need to get Idolatry to work. I need to meander to the basement and see if it will work there.
Pop culture. I am still grossed out by Paris Hilton.
I have not seen Jon and Kate. But I am still mesmerized by 17 kids and counting.
Oh, and I LOVE the picture of the girls! Don't let me forget to make you a disc of pictures this weekend.
Wow! What rock have I been living under?!
Great take on all the pop culture! Cakewrecks is awesome. I follow it to make sure I never show up on it:-)
did you read Candid Carrie's take on the whole Jon and Kate mess? He's a dumbass. Plain and simple.
I love, love, loved the AI finale. I'd say it the best in all 8 seasons. Save for that completely dorky song that Kara wrote (hallmark could have written a better song) I thought they both did amazing. And the guests?? Adam could have gig with Queen tomorrow. He is the Freddy Mercury of the 21st century.
There are times that pop culture gets so out of hand that I just turn everything off and take a really long walk.
Been doing that a lot lately. :-)
I think the best Laugh Out Loud moment was when the audience n the Jay Leno show actually applauded the fact that Mel Gibson got his woman knocked up. They applauded! My thought at that exact moment was this: they are dumber then Mel Gibson.
I hate laundry too. And Pop culture? Not so much but I LOVE watching the news which has a pop culture feel to it these days.
A check for one cent that will buy absolutely nothing. You are right - ridiculous.
I wanted to tell Mel to "put it up and get a real life old man" **sigh** It saddens me that celeberties think everything they do is "cool" what an horrible influence on our kids these days.
Post a Comment