Or she was.
Over the last couple weeks I swear she's been possessed by something. She's surly and mean and if I ask her to do ANYTHING I'm met with fit-pitching and utter defiance.
This weekend we headed down to Atlanta. I was headed to the Atlanta Home Show with Mr. B and the girls were going to hang out with Kat and her girls. I got home about 8 and asked how everything went. Kat said Gert had given her attitude about pretty much everything... and not only attitude, but the evil eye as well. I was MORTIFIED. That's just not Gert. Kat even said it was so not like her.
I'm worried about her. She's 5... it's too soon for teenage hormones. I can get myself worked up into some kind of thoughts that someone's done something to her, but she's not around anyone who would even have a chance... I don't think. I just can't figure out what's happened and how I get my sweet little girl back....

32 comments:
Hmm, I wish I had some sage words of advice for you. Has anything significant changed in her routine recently? Anything at school that might be bothering her? It seems like there'a always a trigger event in situations like this. I hope Miss Gert is back to her adorable self very soon!
The evil eye? Wow!
Sounds like something is going on, gotta get to the bottom of that.
Wow! That was fast posting about Gert's stink eye.
All I can say is that she has that mommy look down pat. Tell her that she has years to perfect that. She really didn't need to have it mastered before she turns six :-)
Girls have split personalities! Yep, the demon possessed monster child and the sweet loving angel child. Both my girls have it. It's normal.. God help us!!
Is she in Kindergarten yet? She could have run into some snotty girls. Those tween years are getting earlier and earlier. Also ask her teachers how she's performing in school. Often when a student is frustrated in school they take it out in other areas...Hang in there :(
I'm sure you will be welcoming your sweet daughter back one of these days. And when you do, be sure to ask her where she went, and where she got her evil replacement (and to please tell her she is not invited to return, thankyouverymuch.) Uffda, Lizzy. I'll pray for Gert. She sure is beautiful.
I hope you figure out what's going on with her if there is anything to figure out. Or perhaps it's just a normal phase. I've experienced both with my kids ... something triggering the mean, defiant attitude ... and the same behavior just being one of those phases that pass.
Isn't motherhood dandy at times? Good luck.
testing the limits?
I think I agree with Swirl Girl. Testing the limits.
Unless the D-I-V-O-R-C-E being final made some kind of impression.
Just a guess and maybe not a very educated one.
Has she been hanging around with my Princess, Elayna? That stuff is contagious, ya know...
Just by looking at the picture below, has something along those lines scared her? When I am nervous or scared I tend to become difficult. Prayers for you both!!
5 is a tough age. Maybe she senses changes to come, and this is her way of having a bit of control.
Ride it out, staying consistent with your discipline.
This, too, shall pass.
Hang in there.
Both of my girls had little bouts at the 5-6 range. I think they are getting 'grown up' with going to big school and still want inside to be a baby or at least baby-ish. A little bit of an identity crisis. Maybe it will blow over. Hopefully she was just a little tired and this was her way of showing her exhaustion or confusion.
Oh, dear...
now I worry about Caroline even more.
Here's a big, virtual hug from me....H-U-G!!!!!
Hmmm...
My thoughts were the same as others... that maybe she's feeling thigs are changing and she's not sure how to deal with it...
Just hang in there!
Good luck with this... wait till she's 15!
Oh, I'm sorry! My two boys - the 6-year-old sweet as the day is long, until he hit 6. The 3-year-old - a hell raiser since birth.
Getting it from the 6-year-old is so much harder to take. Those sweet ones will burn you, for sure.
I hope it's a very short phase!!
She's testing the waters.
Win now. Or lose forever.
And she's such a little angel, too. Could just be a phase...my girls go in and out of them all the time. Hey, BTW...I shouted you out today. Hope everything sorts itself out!
ooo i agree with gena....get it done now....
Hopefully it is just a short-lived phase
They can go back and forth between being precious and being awful, can't they? My advice is to pick your battles, and make sure to win the battles you pick...and let her know you love her.
Man...so many stages they go through. I hope this was passes quickly for you:) Hugs!
It's a phase! You'll have her back real soon!!
Happy Monday!
- Jennifer
I am not qualified to give advice, but looking at the picture below, I would have to try to find out if something or someone has scared them. The degree to which they act out is probably in direct correlation to how badly they have been frightened.
Hopefully its a phase or maybe she is reacting so some change in her/your life.
My daughter has been acting very sassy the last couple of weeks, too. Of course, she's 18 months, so sassy is relative. Maybe there's something in the air that's affecting little girls?
Yaya and I are having the same issues. She won't do anything these days unless I give an ultimatum. I had to take her out of her preschool this morning because she was acting up so bad and disrupting the others. I swear my child is bound and determined to see my head pop off and spin around as I blow.
Maybe it's something in the air? Pollen, Spring...
I pray you find the cause of the problem soon and her sweet little personality comes back to stay til she's an official teenager.
Ummmm...the terrible...fives???
Hope it's just a quick phase!
Don't send her to boarding school yet!! Maybe it is just a phase. Our middle daughter had a "phase" that lasted several years. Yikes!! But she was/is worth it!!
I bet it's just a really annoying phase. Cole is 5 and gets pouty and mouthy, stomps, says no, etc...more so than he used to. I think it's just them trying to transition from little kid to big kid! Good luck!
In USA there are several boarding schools for teens which give the quality based educations to the youth. These boarding schools are well renowned. Colleges recommend vigorous and challenging academic curriculum that provide challenges to individual learners.
Post a Comment