Ok... here we are... are you ready? I'm watching solo tonight because my girl Kori is at DISNEY...
It's Country Night... should make for interesting music for some of these guys.
The first minutes are spent with Ryan and the Judges blah blah blahing... really... do you want to know what they said? No... you don't.
Randy Travis is showing the kids the ropes and says it's a strong group... and he's in the audience!
Michael's up first - Singing Ain't Goin' Down (Til The Sun Comes Up) By Garth - He's gonna have to MOTOR mouth this thing. Randy said "if you mess up the words, you aren't going to get it back"... and he's right. WOW... there was one spot where he lost it a smidge, but he's got it. He could use a little more stage charisma...he just kinda wanders around. Randy said it was fun but didn't think it showed his range. Kara - missed the big notes from him but can't believe he could get all those words. Paula - he and fun so she had fun and some other stuff from her over botoxed mouth. Simon couldn't understand a single word. And called it Karaoke... something he's NEVER called ANYONE before...
Allison - Lyin Cheating Heart - Oh - thank you stylist for upping Allison's pant size one from last week. That's much better. Good song choice for her - she does seem to have a REALLY fast vibrato... like she's laying on a magic fingers bed while she sings. And again... she's got pipes - and she can blow - but can she do anything else??? The judges gave her a mixed bag... Simon wasn't blown away, Paula agrees with me that she needs to try other stuff.
OH NO!!!! KRIS!!!!! Is singing Essie's and my Song!!!! "To Make You Feel My Love" - Oh my... I adore this song... please don't hurt it Kris... He's sitting on a stool. My boss pointed out that he sings out of the side of his mouth... and he does... but he's singing this BEAUTIFULLY... not a direct copy of Garth or Trisha (who both recorded it). Oh... ended on a high falsetto note.. hm... AWWWW - he made his dad cry!!!! Paula - is surprised... pleasantly so. She says he had some pitch moments... I'm not sure I caught those.... Simon - THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIFIC!!! I adore Simon... he liked the song choice, said he was in control... WOOO HOOOO. Randy- liked the tender moments. Kara - thought it beautiful!!! YES KRIS!!!!
Lil - Ok - you have to know that tonight is a stretch for her... being an R&B girl... Oh my... she's singing Independence Day by Martina McBride - BIG song... wow... Hmm... The judges never mention this... but to me she's always just a little flat... and she really needs to start.. moving around.. engaging the audience... she just stands and sings. All in all she did an okay job... I'm just not blown away... Randy said it was interesting he wasn't sold.... Kara I guess liked it sort of kind of... Paula says she looks good... Simon called her Little LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said he looked like someone who was singing at a wedding.... blah blah blah..
Oh boy - it's Adam's turn... this'll be interesting... Ring of Fire - Randy does NOT like it... or the song...or really Adam. Ok... this version has this mid-eastern sitar thing... oh the judges are going to eat this up... I hate it. I can't even DESCRIBE what he's doing. I don't want to. It's just weird and sounds a little like when a cat gets caught in an engine. Kara - not sure what to make of it...she says it was strange but she liked it Paula - says he's true to who he is and some other stuff that blah blah... Simon- direct quote "What The Hell Was That?" and called it indulgent rubbish and Randy Travis TOTALLY agrees and is not showing it. Randy calls it current and young. Again... Simon is the wise guy...
Ok - Scott is singing Wild Angels by Martina McBride -I think Scott got a haircut which is good. Randy was surprised by Scott. So he's playing the piano which bodes well. He is an incredible pianist. Hmm.. here's my thought on Scott... if this was "America's Next Top East Listening Star" he would have it sewn up in heart beat. But I'm just not feeling the whole package... his voice just isn't quite full enough or deep enough... it's airy. Paula - called it impressive & lovely and wants him to mix it up. Simon thinks Paula stupid. Simon wants him to pick better songs... apparently he lost out on some first choices in song choices. Randy - wants hot vocals (I agree)... Kara - wants him to up his game.
Alexis - before the break Ryan said something about people thinking Alexis looks like Dolly Parton... um....NO. She's singing Jolene - oh good song choice for her - she'll nail this. Well on the chorus she does well... then she does this falsetto riff and it was NOT good. She did well. I'm not a big fan of hers, but... Randy - says she had some pitch problem...
OK - here's my issue with the judges... one person they say "You need to change it up and do something different, you're the same every week" and then the next "You didn't sing the way you usually do and I don't like that" ... JEEZ wizz... these people are hard to please.
Back to Alexis.... Simon thought it was okay and forgettable.
Danny - Jesus Take the Wheel - Hmmm....he's got a SNOW white jacket on which is coming across a little institutional (if you get my drift). He's busting out the chorus... a little too much if you ask me... and a little too riffy.... the boy CAN hold a note... I like that. Kara liked the second half of the performance... Paula likes the variety (I agree with Paul) (HOw many glasses does Mr. Danny have) Simon doesn't like what he's wearing (seriously - Simon and I are soul sisters tonight)
Anoop is singing You Were Always on my Mind - should be REALLY interesting... last week was frat boy... this week should be different - Ok... Anoop's eyes are AMAZING... So dark and expressive. Oooo he is HITTING this out of the park. Controlled, soft and strong tender and sweet. Oh ANOOP... I'm proud to be in NC tonight!!!!! Paula likes it. Simon says he went from zero to Hero and says it was a good choice and one of his favorite performances of the night. Randy says this is why they wanted him in the top. Kara liked it too.
Megan (now Joy, not Cochery) - I Go Walking After Midnight - Randy says we'll have to like it. Ok.. this dress is ALL boobs... and she does NOT know what to do with her body when she's singing (and looks a LOT like Reese Witherspoon tonight) and... I just can NOT get into her voice... it's just weird.... Randy was impressed... Kara says she did good cause she has the flu... apparently Miss Megan was even in the hospital.. Simon says she should have the blue every week.
And to wrap up the evening we have Matt singing So Small (I think?) Randy's not sure but then he sees his version and likes it. Ok.. Matt's playing piano... will they say he's not connected with the audience? He's another amazing pianist. I miss my piano. He's keeping it soft on the verses... and ROCKING the chorus... wow... NICE performance. Kara likes it. Paula can't say big words. Simon thinks he out sang Danny. And Randy liked it too. They're loving him tonight!
Ok... off to finish the pictures cause you KNOW I won't be letting you down!!!!!
Who's heading home?? Michael.... and.... Scott? Honestly... I don't know... it was a good night.
It's Country Night... should make for interesting music for some of these guys.
The first minutes are spent with Ryan and the Judges blah blah blahing... really... do you want to know what they said? No... you don't.
Randy Travis is showing the kids the ropes and says it's a strong group... and he's in the audience!
Michael's up first - Singing Ain't Goin' Down (Til The Sun Comes Up) By Garth - He's gonna have to MOTOR mouth this thing. Randy said "if you mess up the words, you aren't going to get it back"... and he's right. WOW... there was one spot where he lost it a smidge, but he's got it. He could use a little more stage charisma...he just kinda wanders around. Randy said it was fun but didn't think it showed his range. Kara - missed the big notes from him but can't believe he could get all those words. Paula - he and fun so she had fun and some other stuff from her over botoxed mouth. Simon couldn't understand a single word. And called it Karaoke... something he's NEVER called ANYONE before...

Allison - Lyin Cheating Heart - Oh - thank you stylist for upping Allison's pant size one from last week. That's much better. Good song choice for her - she does seem to have a REALLY fast vibrato... like she's laying on a magic fingers bed while she sings. And again... she's got pipes - and she can blow - but can she do anything else??? The judges gave her a mixed bag... Simon wasn't blown away, Paula agrees with me that she needs to try other stuff.

OH NO!!!! KRIS!!!!! Is singing Essie's and my Song!!!! "To Make You Feel My Love" - Oh my... I adore this song... please don't hurt it Kris... He's sitting on a stool. My boss pointed out that he sings out of the side of his mouth... and he does... but he's singing this BEAUTIFULLY... not a direct copy of Garth or Trisha (who both recorded it). Oh... ended on a high falsetto note.. hm... AWWWW - he made his dad cry!!!! Paula - is surprised... pleasantly so. She says he had some pitch moments... I'm not sure I caught those.... Simon - THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIFIC!!! I adore Simon... he liked the song choice, said he was in control... WOOO HOOOO. Randy- liked the tender moments. Kara - thought it beautiful!!! YES KRIS!!!!

Lil - Ok - you have to know that tonight is a stretch for her... being an R&B girl... Oh my... she's singing Independence Day by Martina McBride - BIG song... wow... Hmm... The judges never mention this... but to me she's always just a little flat... and she really needs to start.. moving around.. engaging the audience... she just stands and sings. All in all she did an okay job... I'm just not blown away... Randy said it was interesting he wasn't sold.... Kara I guess liked it sort of kind of... Paula says she looks good... Simon called her Little LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said he looked like someone who was singing at a wedding.... blah blah blah..

Oh boy - it's Adam's turn... this'll be interesting... Ring of Fire - Randy does NOT like it... or the song...or really Adam. Ok... this version has this mid-eastern sitar thing... oh the judges are going to eat this up... I hate it. I can't even DESCRIBE what he's doing. I don't want to. It's just weird and sounds a little like when a cat gets caught in an engine. Kara - not sure what to make of it...she says it was strange but she liked it Paula - says he's true to who he is and some other stuff that blah blah... Simon- direct quote "What The Hell Was That?" and called it indulgent rubbish and Randy Travis TOTALLY agrees and is not showing it. Randy calls it current and young. Again... Simon is the wise guy...

Ok - Scott is singing Wild Angels by Martina McBride -I think Scott got a haircut which is good. Randy was surprised by Scott. So he's playing the piano which bodes well. He is an incredible pianist. Hmm.. here's my thought on Scott... if this was "America's Next Top East Listening Star" he would have it sewn up in heart beat. But I'm just not feeling the whole package... his voice just isn't quite full enough or deep enough... it's airy. Paula - called it impressive & lovely and wants him to mix it up. Simon thinks Paula stupid. Simon wants him to pick better songs... apparently he lost out on some first choices in song choices. Randy - wants hot vocals (I agree)... Kara - wants him to up his game.

Alexis - before the break Ryan said something about people thinking Alexis looks like Dolly Parton... um....NO. She's singing Jolene - oh good song choice for her - she'll nail this. Well on the chorus she does well... then she does this falsetto riff and it was NOT good. She did well. I'm not a big fan of hers, but... Randy - says she had some pitch problem...

OK - here's my issue with the judges... one person they say "You need to change it up and do something different, you're the same every week" and then the next "You didn't sing the way you usually do and I don't like that" ... JEEZ wizz... these people are hard to please.
Back to Alexis.... Simon thought it was okay and forgettable.
Danny - Jesus Take the Wheel - Hmmm....he's got a SNOW white jacket on which is coming across a little institutional (if you get my drift). He's busting out the chorus... a little too much if you ask me... and a little too riffy.... the boy CAN hold a note... I like that. Kara liked the second half of the performance... Paula likes the variety (I agree with Paul) (HOw many glasses does Mr. Danny have) Simon doesn't like what he's wearing (seriously - Simon and I are soul sisters tonight)

Anoop is singing You Were Always on my Mind - should be REALLY interesting... last week was frat boy... this week should be different - Ok... Anoop's eyes are AMAZING... So dark and expressive. Oooo he is HITTING this out of the park. Controlled, soft and strong tender and sweet. Oh ANOOP... I'm proud to be in NC tonight!!!!! Paula likes it. Simon says he went from zero to Hero and says it was a good choice and one of his favorite performances of the night. Randy says this is why they wanted him in the top. Kara liked it too.

Megan (now Joy, not Cochery) - I Go Walking After Midnight - Randy says we'll have to like it. Ok.. this dress is ALL boobs... and she does NOT know what to do with her body when she's singing (and looks a LOT like Reese Witherspoon tonight) and... I just can NOT get into her voice... it's just weird.... Randy was impressed... Kara says she did good cause she has the flu... apparently Miss Megan was even in the hospital.. Simon says she should have the blue every week.

And to wrap up the evening we have Matt singing So Small (I think?) Randy's not sure but then he sees his version and likes it. Ok.. Matt's playing piano... will they say he's not connected with the audience? He's another amazing pianist. I miss my piano. He's keeping it soft on the verses... and ROCKING the chorus... wow... NICE performance. Kara likes it. Paula can't say big words. Simon thinks he out sang Danny. And Randy liked it too. They're loving him tonight!

Ok... off to finish the pictures cause you KNOW I won't be letting you down!!!!!
Who's heading home?? Michael.... and.... Scott? Honestly... I don't know... it was a good night.

15 comments:
you're spot on! Adam reminded me of Kate Beckinsale's fiancée in Serendipity with the Sitar crapola. Loved Kris & Anoop. The stick people rock!
I'm in CA and haven't seen more than the first 3 so far. How do you do your drawings so fast? Great job.
OH my!! I heart your drawings..
I think Micheal.. but who knows, it was a great night..
Hey if your interested, I am having a giveaway for a spring tutu.. go enter if you want to.:0)
Oh, no. You're a couple time zones ahead of me. Spoiler alert!! I'm going to back up slowly now...Visit ya later. ;-)
I might actually be interested if you keep it up.
LOL!!! I just sit here and laugh and laugh; your pictures are priceless. The fire around Adam....OH SO GOOD! (Although, don't hate me, but I LOVED his song.) And the boobs...I don't think I heard a thing she sang cause all I could concentrate on were her boobs. I was so afraid if she shimmied she'd come right out of that thing.
I hope it's Megan that goes home. I just don't get her. If not Megan, then Scott or Michael.
I was really impressed with last night. I never like country music. And I don't think that any of them sucked.
I actually think that Alexis does look like Dolly. In the face. Obviously not in other places :-) And I thought she did really well last night - the only one I didn't agree with the judges on.
And I still like Megan. I like the quirk.
Adam...I still am not sure what to think. He should have done LIVE's version of "Walk the Line" - also edgy...but not so freaky.
I like Adam. I knew he'd have a hard time with country, but I still like him.
My 12 year old daughter absolutely loves him. That is a scary thing, because she likes all the black stuff and Hot Topic and oh lordy, she is going to be the death of me.
Great re-cap!
Even though I think Adam is the antithesis of country and all that is light and airy and fluffy in the world, I have to say, he has an amazing voice. Not my style of music and certainly a little "hellboy-ish", but the guy can hit the notes.
My favorite was probably Kris. He's adorable and really sang the song beautifully.
I don't really care for Scott's voice, but I just love his disposition. He is genuinely passionate about music. There is something truly endearing about him. I don't think he will go all the way, but I certainly don't want to see him leave just yet.
I would be totally fine with
Michael going home tonight. His version of Garth just missed the mark. That was a poor song choice. I don't think he really thought long and hard about the implications of singing such a fast-paced wordy song, but once he got Randy Travis' opinion on it, he was committed. I think it looks wishy washy if they change their mind at that stage of the game. He really seems like a good guy. I think he is talented, but he doesn't get my vote.
Boob girl, a.k.a. Megan, was interesting. I wouldn't say I thought it was all that Randy Travis thought it would be, but it was different.
My least favorite of the night was Lil. I just thought it was an okay performance.
It's between her and Michael....we'll see what happens.....
Thanks for the update. I only caught a little bit of last night's show. Sorry to hear about Adam though. I really like him.
I actually watched it last night but your version is so much better.
Love the recap...I have been missing AI this season, just not that into it for some reason. A friend at work LOVES Adam..he is her "David Cook"...she was horrified with what he did last night. She voted for him 35 times because she was so worried that after that performance he was going home...
These drawings are so awesome! I especially love your rendition of Adam. I really don't like him, but you make me laugh so I kinda hope he doesn't leave just yet.
My bet is on Megan and Lil headin' out tonight. I just don't like Megan and Lil didn't deliver AT ALL last night.
so I read you today after watching pacific time last night....
sorry scott and megan - i think you are done in tonight...
I love your recaps! The drawings are perfect!
Post a Comment