Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Heart of My Children

One of the bonuses (not) of being a single mom is that when your birthday comes, there isn't anyone to take your kids shopping for your birthday presents from them, so you get to. (PLEASE note - I'm not having them buy me presents for ME, but so that they learn about giving)

So tonight, we were in the car, and I said "Okay girls, if I gave you each $25 to spend on Mommy's birthday present, what would you get."

Essie - "Hmmm.. I would get you picture frames and plaid wrapping paper to wrap them in."

Awwwwwwww what a sweetie.

Gert - "A Honda"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 comments:

Blythe said...

LOVE IT.
It cracks me up when kids are just vaguely out of touch with the real world. Like when the five year old I nanny for asked me if Spain was between Washington and Montana.

Um, no. But I wish.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I like the way both of those girls think! lol So when's the birthday? Happy Birthday just in case! =D

Givinya De Elba said...

Go the Honda!

Frizzy said...

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Did she tell you what color or will that be a surprise?
Their innocence is so beautiful and refreshing.

Nonnas News said...

Too cute!! LOL LOL

Wep said...

My sister is a single mom and has that issue too. Usually her gift is the boys not trying to kill each other that day :)

sassy stephanie said...

Love that Essie knows about your plaid obsession. And, love that Gert is going to pick up a $25 Honda!

Kori said...

Ok remeber my birthday is next month. And I want my Honda to be black.

Ok thanks.

Quirky said...

SA-WEET!
Does Gert know I just had a birthday?! She can pass a new car in my direction any day :)

Tracy P. said...

Well, I will say that having a husband who loves you does not necessarily equal having kids who get you birthday presents. Which is not at all to negate the challenges of being a single mom. I would, however, feel REALLY funny taking my kids to get me a present. So every now and then when I want to splurge on something, I just call it my birthday present.

That said, I hope you have a very happy one, and that your own car is more reliable than a $25 Honda. :-)

Kim said...

If anybody could get you a Honda for $25 it would be Gert.

Happy Birthday!!

Lynda said...

Go with Gert! Happy Birthday!!

Aubrey said...

I would like to know where I can pick up one of those $25 Hondas. Momma needs a new pair of wheels!

Linda said...

A Honda. Ha ha ha. Bless her little heart...

CaraBee said...

If only $25 could get you a Honda. Very sweet!

Jen said...

LOL! That is going to be one nice Honda.

Staci Loalbo said...

awwww kids are sooo sweet!!!

Angie's Spot said...

That Gert, she's got good taste in cars!! :-) And Essie, well, what a sweetie. You've trained her well!

natalie said...

Oh, I pay myself presents for some things being a single mama myself. Nothing big, but just a little something.

And I must know where I can get a new car for $25...share! ;)

wendy said...

Hahahaha!! I left you a present on my blog. :)

Alison said...

That reminds me of when Miss Pink thought our house cost $22.

Susie said...

Ha, ha, ha!! A Honda?

Trish said...

Hey, can I get one too?

actually today I got a CLEAN honda for my birthday! the boys vacuumed and wiped it out!!

Debbie said...

I came over to wish you an early birthday...Happy Birthday to the absolutely sweetest and most beautiful blogger inside and out that I know! Big hugs and kisses to you!

Deanna said...

So sweet! And that girl is a bargain shopper. Can I borrow her?

Wishing you the BEST Birthday ever!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow! Make sure you do something fun, even if it's just simple with those cute girls.

Heather said...

A plaid Honda!

Ash said...

With the economy the way it is, she might just be able to pick up a stripped down Civic for you.

What thoughtful children - plaid wrapping paper - sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

A Honda, that is too cute. Did she specify a CRV?