Monday, May 14, 2012

I will not be cliche... but... is this thing on?

For someone who stays home most of the day, I'm a pathetic blogger.  I think maybe I just don't have a lot to say.  Or maybe I have too much to say and I get overwhelmed at the thought of posting it all.  Or maybe some of it I'm reluctant to put out there, just because someone might stumble onto it.  Who knows.

So.

191 days after getting married, Mr. B started work today.  He's now a PM (Problem Manager) for HP (Hewlett Packard) , working at the CDC (Center for Disease Control) at their MRDC (MidRange Data Center).  So just leave it at a PM for HP at the CDC MRDC.  Sounds like something from Good Morning, Vietnam.  But what REALLY matters is that we get a 25% discount on our Sprint cell service.  No... wait... what really matters is that he'll only work in the office 2-3 days a week.  NO... wait.... what REALLY matters is that this is SUCH a major step up the career ladder for him, and he's SOOO very excited about what he'll be doing.  It's fun to see him so happy.

Since I last posted, I turned 40 ,



 Ernie (Mr. B's youngest son) turned 10,




 Mr. B turned 46,




 and Gert turned 9!



And our Guinea Pig, Fozzie, died.



And some birds moved into the birdhouse Gert built.


Our kitty, May, learned to climb the windows


And my mom sold her house in Minnesota and will be moving here to Georgia in about 3 weeks!!!



Well.  That sums up the big stuff.  I'm really gonna try to be here more often.

13 comments:

wendy said...

happy to hear from ya...from an equally crappy blogger!

Cyndy Bush said...

Ummm....who are you again?
Heh heh....congrats on Mr B's job! Happy Belated Birthday. And all that good stuff! Don't be a stranger.
xoxo

brainella said...

My blogging has been rather sporadic too. There is a reason I like you. :)

Ronda's Rants said...

So happy to see you here...and I am so happy for you!

Gina said...

It's on. I was just waiting for you to say something....

Grand Pooba said...

I love that you included your cat's talents in your update, ha!!

Congrats on your 40th! I will even give you a present, but you have to come to my blog to enter to win it....

I guess it's not that great of a present. Unless you win, then it is fantastic and you are welcome!

Heather said...

Woot! I'm glad you're blogging again (says she who hasn't posted on her own blog since 2011....) but I'm also glad I see you on FB so I knew most of this already. :-D

But still - KEEP BLOGGING! ("Hi kettle? It's pot - you're black!")

Blythe said...

What adventures you have had! You-- and your family (including the cat)-- have been so busy. Welcome back!

Shannon said...

Yay for birthdays!

Yay for your mom moving!

Yay for me getting to see you yesterday!

Heather said...

Can I say that I am loving the plaid background on the new and improved though seldom updated blog?

Seems most of us have fallen off of the blogging wagon; what's up with that? I miss your Sharpie updates! I miss girl trips to Tennessee! I miss you!

Ronda's Rants said...

I am glad you are blogging again :) I haven't been a great blogger either. I use facebook too much it's been difficult to put my thoughts in blog form again...but I am getting on that bloggy wagon or is it a horse?

Ronda's Rants said...

oops I meant to post this on the other post...I fell off the horse...geesh!

Mrs4444 said...

Awesome catch-up post! Happy Belated Birthday!

I adore the bird house photo :)