Thursday, January 20, 2011

American Idol - Season 10 Sharpie Style - Meet The Judges

I've had some fairly extreme difficulties posting my recap of last nights Idol. JEEZ internet... please give a gal a break.

But I think we can all agree the big story last night was the judges. I, personally, was more than a little skeptical going in. Steven Tyler? Really? Judging musical talent? He who shrieks... alot? And then Jennifer Lopez - J-Lo - Jenny from the Block... in that case I was a little worried about the Diva thing (in fact yesterday I read an article that she bought a house in LA, told the designer what she wanted, and just as the designer had just about finished the house, J-Lo Changed her mind about EVERYTHING and the lady had to start over). And then Randy. Randy Randy Randy... dawg dawg dawg... for me for you.....

BUT



Randy Jackson - He seems to be better this year. Not as many dawgs... not as many cliche's as in the past. He's always been sort of a non-entity in the past and that seems like it's holding true. I did laugh when J-Lo said to him "How did you DO this for 10 years???"
Jennifer Lopez - At first I was worried we had another Ellen here - unable to give bad news. But as time went on she seemed to start to get better at it. And she CLEARLY has watched Idol for years, which I like. She also didn't show much of the Diva attitude and was really sweet to the couple contestants who got all undone by her presence.

Steven Tyler - Oh - this is the one that blew me away. He was AWESOME!! Just enough wit and biting comments to cover the space that Simon left, but without the just down-right sense of MEAN that Simon had. And watching Steven ENJOY the singers in front of him was a hoot! He'd sing along or drum the beat on his desk. Loved him. It'll be interesting to see how he does once they hit the live stuff, but I've got a good feeling.

So.... there's more recap to come... once I get the dumb stuff to scan right.

Did you watch last night? Were you happy with the new judges or not? Who would be your ideal judges? Do you think Simon was secretly watching last night?

11 comments:

Kirby said...

I got the biggest kick out of Steven Tyler, loved him and I was a bit worried about Jennifer Lopez too but I think she did a great job, it would be hard to say no at times, Randy seemed like he's having more fun this year! I will actually watch this whole season! Great recap!

Tracy P. said...

No, I only watch it through you, Lizzy! I would probably like it. But I don't know how to operate our remote.

Seriously, the MOUTH on Steven Tyler is making me snort! You should consider becoming a characature artist. Blogger says I spelled that wrong. It says charicature is also wrong. I have no more guesses. EXCEPT that you could make some money at it. ;-)

Elena said...

I haven't watched yet, but I just couldn't wait to come see what you had up today. You know how much I love me some Lizzy-stick-Idol! Steven Tyler's mouth is HILARIOUS!! Love you lady!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I was thinking that I wouldn't watch this year. But I got roped in. Mostly so that I could understand your sticks - and watch the reviews on ew with Idolatry.

And actually, I really liked Stephen Tyler. He's hilarious. I loved all the bleeping and the flirting and the table banging. JLo needs to learn to say No. Then again, so does Tyler...

katie davis said...

i was VERY excited to read your re-cap! we made the collective decision to have no cable this year, and i am REALLY missing idol! after just one night! what will i do with myself? i have decided: i will rely on you and your re-caps. thank you=) and no pressure=) i was also skeptical, but am feeling optimistic again after reading your thoughts=)

Jen said...

YEAH! Sharpies are out.

And yeah, I liked the new judges. I think that the show needed something new.

Amy said...

Simon was probably watching and shaking his head and rolling his eyes at some that they let through! I just know it! LOL!

I like them all and I'd watch even if I didn't :)

Shelley said...

Lizzy,
I did watch. I was kind of skeptical about these new judges. I just have to say, I STINKING LOVE Steven Tyler. I was so pleasantly surprised. By him and by J-LO. I hope that they both continue.
And Randy was better. So, I think you nailed it.
YOU"RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This is the best rendition I've seen yet sweetie....love the art! Heeehehehe!!!

God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend!!!

Unknown said...

I am loving this season so far!
I didn't think I would.
I didn't even want to.
But I do.
And... I have this weird oogy attraction to Steven Tyler, especially when he puts on his cheater readers ❤

Brandy said...

I have to admit I was not thrilled with the new judges when AI first began but Steven has definitely grown on me. And with Jennifer & Randy next to him he has to be the center of attention. Aren't they two of the biggest snooze fests??

Love the pics!