I feel the need to do a "follow up" blog after my "HillBilly" post.
I need to tell you that I'm so grateful that God can take our HUGE boo-boos (have you seen Bruce Almighty? Remember when he's driving in the car and asking for a sign and is getting bunches of them but he's just not paying attention... yeah... totally me) anyways... He can use our boo-boos for GOOD.
Good things like - The Ladies. They are, hands down, worth any and all "suffering" I went through over those years with Hillbilly. They are the greatest things that have ever happened to me. So worth it.
Good things like - The many friends that I have that are reading this blog right now because I was married to the dork and got pregnant with Essie. It's that experience with the December 98 mommies that really changed how I "used" the internet. This blog is a direct result of that too. So had I not married him, I might not know any of you.
Good things like - Mr. B. All the timing had to work out for me to meet him when I did. And you know what, if I hadn't gone through all that poo, I wouldn't appreciate all the wonderfulness of Mr. B nearly as much as I do. If things are always good, we stop knowing what good is... it becomes normal and every day and the "status quo."
Good things like - finally getting to a point where I understand my own parents divorce. Let me tell you... there's some major freedom in having those questions answered.
Good things like - being able to counsel a young friend who was in a bad relationship but felt much like i did - that this was her one chance. I was able to share with her my experience, and I think save her from a similar mistake.
So... all that to say... Don't cry for me Bloggertina's!!!!!

13 comments:
I won't cry for you!! I will smile for you! God is so very good and he will guide us as long as we are willing to listen and follow. Just think if you had not been there to counsel your friend. If you had not the experience to fall back on in order to speak to her as someone who has been there. So happy you are able to put all into perspective.
I definitely identify with this. Had I not been through a terrible first marriage, I wouldn't appreciate John and even if I'd ended up with him, I would take him for granted because he's "too nice". I learned a lot from that bad marriage and it got me my kids too...so I try not to spend any time on regrets!
I'm not happy for all the yuck you had to go through to find me, but I'm sure glad we found each other. You are an incredibly special friend and I can't wait for our many future Fuddrucker dates. Next time you are so getting a 1/2 pounder. I will not take no for an answer.
God totally works for the good for those that love Him (valleygirl version of Romans 8:28)
And He knew the plan, even when you didn't. I am so glad you are where you are right now; it has been awesome getting to know you virtually and even better in real life.
I'm looking forward to many happy blog posts about the new job; new house; new husband...
Exactly and Amen!!!
All the bad, gross, nasty life I went through only bought me to where I am now....and for that I am sooooooo grateful....even on those nights I can't sleep, I'm still grateful!
What is it they say? You gotta kiss a few frogs to find a prince? Something like that anyway.
And not only did you find a prince but you also got two of the cutest princesses too!
I'd NEVER cry for you, maybe with you. ;)
You have been one of the GREATEST influences in my life for staying positive no matter the circumstance. Truly.
{HUG}
We've come sooo very far in 11+ years.
I'm a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. No such thing as coincidence. And I love that no matter what, you always seems to find the silver lining. It's a beautiful gift to have!
This is a perfect example of there being a reason for everything:-)
When you're going through the bad stuff, it's so hard to see the good. I'm so happy that you are in a place where you can see it. You deserve all good things!
I'll just agree with my mom (wierd, huh?) that we go through our circumstances so that we can help others through theirs.
Oh, and I want to go to Fuddrucker's, too.
No crying but am glad you are at a good place in life right now!
I want some Fuddrucker's too!!
Post a Comment