Friday, December 4, 2009

Mi Casa es Su Casa.....

Well friends, I wasn't saying a whole lot, cause of the fiasco of house #1, but Mr. B and I found another house last weekend that we both fell in love with. We put an offer in and just found out that it was accepted!!!

Here's a link to my pictures of it.

It's probably the nicest foreclosure I've ever been in. Unlike the other house, it doesn't need new siding, a new roof, or a driveway. It doesn't have leaking sky lights or broken tile or missing kitchen cabinet doors. There are no broken windows that need to be repaired. There's an actual backyard. All wall sconces face up. It's PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!!!!!!

We'll be doing a little work on it - updating and such, and looking at all those pictures in a clump I realize it's in desperate need of some COLOR!!!!

So that's the big news for the day.

Oh... and I PROMISE to get my EE post done this weekend. I had to clean the house for Essie's party tonight, so I'll have some time this weekend to get it done.

Oh... and Mike of Mike's Hard Lemonade fame is making a Hard Cider. Does that not sound DEVINE - and they're showing it warmed up. MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.... and I'm having lunch with Mr. B this afternoon. That makes me happy.

OH..... and Kat's girls are coming over for Essie's birthday party tonight. Just a small payment on the total amount of child care I owe her :) And if you click on that link and go look at her site, tell her it's time for a new blog post. I mean... really.....

Oh.... and ... IT'S THE WEEKEND!!! Make it a good one!!!!

29 comments:

Mary Beth said...

What a beautiful home and a beautiful place to start a life together! Why do you need an elevator? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

BBB said...

Mr. B's son uses a walker/wheelchair/crutches, so we need an elevator for him. What's amazing is that this house is like it was DESIGNED for an elevator, they just never put one in!

Heather said...

I am THRILLED for the two of you! This house is just perfect! Thank God the other deal fell through, right?

So, when's the move in date? And the housewarming party? Don't forget to give me your new address so I can send you a plaid welcome card!

Angela said...

AWesome! I am so excited for you! A new house is always such a fun thing to work on. We moved into ours almost four years ago and it's still not "finished," but that is part of the fun!

Rene said...

Lizzie,

HOW WONDERFUL!!! I'm so excited for you too! I love the crown moldings and all the windows in the eat in kitchen. You deserve this wonderful life more than anyone I know. It makes my heart feel so good to see your dreams coming true!

Hugs,

Rene

brainella said...

Yay, yay, YAY! :) What part of the city is it in? You know, we still really need to have lunch or something.

Swirl Girl said...

Mazel Tov!!

(that means congratulations in my tribe!)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so exciting about your new digs. And the fact that I am going to have a child free evening tonight. Mom and I are gonig shopping. And I have gotten a comment telling me to post. It's been almost a month. I have so much to write about...but my cattle prod is missing!

Brandy said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's a foreclosure. Really it looks more updated than my house. LOL!

Jane In The Jungle said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!
You go Girl! I am sooooooo excited for y'all, and the house is beautiful!!!
So you're having the EE mid-year reunion, right???
Love Ya!!!!

Tam said...

I am so happy for YOU! That is wonderfull! The House is AMAZING! IT is HUGE! That is in great condition! Are the Ladies excited about the house? Did I mention I am so excited for YOU guys!!!!!! Looks like the Christmas Magic has started early for YOU!!!! Hug to you all!

Elena said...

Oh my, that home is gorgeous!! SO exciting. Congratulations! And I was just thinking that I need to either email or text Kat to make sure she was still alive. Glad to hear it's just the cattle prod she's missing. :)

Tracy P. said...

Wowee!!! Beautiful!

Susie said...

Congratulations on getting a GREAT house!! Good things are finally coming your way:-)

CaraBee said...

I don't know, do you really want all that space? I mean, you'll be worrying all the time because the girls will be playing in their rooms and you won't be able to hear them. And that big jacuzzi bathtub? Such a waste of water. You could get two people in there, for heaven's sake. And don't even get me started on that big backyard? So much work.

I kid. Congrats, it's gorgeous! I can totally see y'all there. It will be perfect!

Alison said...

Yay! I am so happy for you--and the fact that you have less work you have to do on the house is a huge bonus. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie said...

The house is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love it!! Congratulations!

Gina said...

Well, that's exciting!

Maria said...

Beautiful!! I am sooo HAPPY for you all. You deserve something as beautiful as you!!
Can't wait to see the pics after it has a "Lizzy Touch".

Melissa said...

Oh Lizzy, I'm so excited for you all! The house is beautiful. Is there a room for me to come stay? That could be the deal breaker, you know....We need to have a weekend together soon.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

It looks great, it looks like a house with character! I love that.

Ashley said...

Congratulations, Lizzie!!! I'm so happy for you!

Now ~ how about we 'take a chance together to feel the smell of real money'! What?!?!? Haha!

Sydney said...

Congrats on the house! That's very exciting!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sounds like God had a perfect home for you. Congratulations!

You have yourself one terrifically blessed day!!!

Deanna said...

It is sooo beautiful! Now all it needs are your beautiful plaid touches all over the place. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Lizzie! I am so happy for you!!

Tam said...

Hoping you are busy packing up to get ready to move that beautiful home!!!! Merry Christmas!

Melissa B. said...

Just great! Love the windows in the living and dining rooms and the chandelier in the dining room. Will y'all be establishing yourselves downstairs and let the girls have the run of the upstairs? What an exciting adventure for you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!